Results 1 to 4 of 4
iPhone 4 hardware troubleshooting
Hey ladies and gents, I was hoping you could help me out with a recent problem I encountered with my iPhone 4. After a night out I had come back home to charge my phone but the connection was inconsistent at best, when I removed my usb charging cable I saw a small ember in the charger and found a somewhat charred charging dock. I figured that the most logical course would be to replace the whole charging dock assembly using a kit I purchased off of ebay yet my phone still refuses to charge. It must now be as close as it can be to 0% power because it won't even respond when I attempt to turn it on.
I've tried using multiple cables, usb chargers, wall chargers, the Apple store's chargers, everything really and my iPhone still won't charge. Could this incident have affected another component of my iPhone other than the charging dock?
Thanks in advance for your help, I've been without a phone for nearly two weeks now and I'll be monitoring this thread closely to see if you have any comments or questions.
- 12-01-2012, 08:09 AM #2
Re: iPhone 4 hardware troubleshooting
Possible however I saw that the source of the ember wasn't a faulty usb charger but debris in the charger itself. Therefore I believed that the damage would have been isolated, it didn't seem to me that the was a power surge of any kind.
- By ghostface147 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 10-26-2010, 02:25 PM
- By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4Replies: 53Last Post: 05-11-2010, 12:11 AM
- By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4Replies: 58Last Post: 10-13-2009, 11:25 AM
- By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4Replies: 13Last Post: 05-14-2009, 11:54 PM
- By PirateNinja in forum iPhone 4Replies: 18Last Post: 04-23-2009, 09:27 AM