Lockscreen Reset, Missing Apps

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
After losing my Phone app on my 3G iPhone, I reset my lockscreen and now all of my apps, Apple and Cydia, are missing. I think I may have lost my jailbreak. I believe I have the apps backed up on xbackup. Any idea what I need to do to get them back?

Thanks for your help.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you swipe over to Spotlight? If so try searching for Cydia there?that might at least tell you if you still have it.

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's an update on where I am now. I re-jailbroke my iphone and I only see one page of apps. Somehow i discovered that my apps are on my phone but they are only viewable by scrolling vertically (with infiniboard set appropriately). When I turn off vertical scrolling I only have the one page of apps available. What can I do to get my apps to show in normal scrolling mode? Thanks again for any help.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's an update on where I am now. I re-jailbroke my iphone and I only see one page of apps. Somehow i discovered that my apps are on my phone but they are only viewable by scrolling vertically (with infiniboard set appropriately). When I turn off vertical scrolling I only have the one page of apps available. What can I do to get my apps to show in normal scrolling mode? Thanks again for any help.

Uninstall infinicrap...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled infiniboard and now I can't scroll either vertically or horizontally.

So your apps are on the device, and you can see them in the search bar from springboard, you just can't get to them?

I think it's because you used a "reset" setting while you were jailbroken....

Maybe reinstall infini whatever and then go to settings and turn all options for it off an see if icons re appear...
That reset setting in options destroys jailbreaks!!!

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Doing that results in no scrolling -- in either direction. Regarding the reset, I now recall that before re-jailbreaking it after losing my phone icon, I still had SBSettings working. So, I probably hadn't lost the jailbreak at all. Any other thoughts?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to use a tweak that locks you into just one page on the homescreen - I can't remember the name though.
It was called PageLock or something of that sort. My point is: look at your installed tweaks in case you have something similar that prohibits you from paging on the springboard.

Stef3anie

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help.
18.jpg

13.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you boots ino safe mode yet to see if everything works the way it should?
Hold volume down while powering on phone

I said piracy was bad.
Never have I said that I'm not a pirate.

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Great suggestion. In safe mode I am able to scroll horizontally. What does this tell us and where do we go from here?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
you have conflicting tweaks that are causing this action.
now you need to boot it up regularly, then go to sbsettings and then go to the option to disable substrate tweaks and start turning them off one at a time. when you turn one of and exit your phone will respring. see if you still have the problem. if you do go and turn off another substrate tweak, rinse and repeat until your phone works the way it works in safe mode.
when you see that happen, go back and re-enable all the tweaks, after respringing go to cydia and uninstall the tweak that was causing the problem

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
That got it! It seemed to be a add-on to infiniboard that I assume installs with it. I deleted both and I'm fine as far as my initial problem goes. I do have another problem. Somehow a folder was created that contains 3 apps. When I attempt to hold down and move them out of the folder, I'm not able to do that, and my iphone crashes. Any idea on this?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Is one of the apps a "folder" like newsstand?

You might just need to delete those apps then when the folder is empty add them back.
Or reinstall infinifolder, then pull stuff out the delete infini folder again.

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. The apps are calc, clock and voice memos. How would I delete and restore them?

Theoretically, I could drag them out of the folder from the app screens in iTunes under my device, but I've never been able to get the changes I make there to take effect. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If springboard keeps crashing whenever you try to pull those apps out, then you still haven't gotten to the bottom of your tweak conflict.
So easiest fix or the apps in folder would be to restart in safe mode / mobile substrate disabled again, pull the apps out then restart phone...
But you still have a conflict happening and need to get to the bottom of it.