- iPhone Newbie
- 48 Posts
Can't set up iPhone 4
I bought an iPhone 4 and found out later that it had a Gevey sim in it and the previous owner updated to iOS6....and it's on 4.12.02. iTunes says the sim is not supported, even after I got a normal sim and sim card. The phone itself won't let me set it up...says the sim card is unsupported, or something like that.
How do I get it off the 4.12.02, and back to Apple Firmware?? Or is it a paper weight?
How do I connect to iTunes if I want to "Factory Unlock" it?
I've tried downgrading the firmware, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, or if it can even be done. (It didn't work) I don't have the blobs.
Can anyone help me with this?
- 11-24-2012, 09:24 PM #2
- 11-24-2012, 10:53 PM #3
Re: Can't set up iPhone 4
Downgrading your firmware will not downgrade your baseband. Your best bet is to get an IMEI unlock for the device - the price will vary depending on the carrier.
PS: Your signature got me really confused... If it is a factory unlocked device you shouldn't be experiencing any of these problems.
- By simplylaurakb in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 6Last Post: 10-07-2011, 09:13 AM
- By Nickel586#IM in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2011, 11:42 PM
- By tuanlt in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 12-15-2010, 07:22 PM
- By tmartz#AC in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-07-2009, 05:15 PM
- By ssilly in forum iPhone 4Replies: 4Last Post: 01-08-2009, 12:21 AM