iOS6 and Cydia Apps?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody have a list of apps that work with iOS6 unjailbroken? I read somewhere (and can not remember where) that some apps will still work from the backup restoration, even though the device is no longer jailbroken.

Just curious - iOS6 has some pretty cool features but I can not lose Lockinfo or biteSMS. I can live without the others, but...

Thanks!

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Kind of what I thought, but I'd swear that I read some apps worked either way if restored from a backup. Wasn't quite sure how, but stranger things have been true.

Thanks...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Some apps or tweaks can sometimes bleed over if u restore from a backup. But the majority of the apps will not work. This can make the device unstable which is why it's always best to restore as new to avoid any issues

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Bite has a beta with ios6 support.
Lock info isn't going to be the same anymore on ios6 so don't let that hold you back...
Also there is that nasty little "spying" program that is a jailbreak install, but works on iphone5's!!!
However I think that only means its not relying on jailbreak tools for its use and instead it is completely live inside apples stock framework.
I believe groove shark will work the same way.

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Can you elaborate on Lockinfo please? That us my primary reason for not making the leap! What is not going to be the same with iOS6?

biteSMS would be a loss, but I did see that the iOS6 beta was out. How does one add it without the jailbreak?

And lastly, what "spy" program? Did I miss something?

Thanks...

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Never mind... Just found out for sure that our ITS people will be going around and making sure everybody is on 6.0.1 and if they are not, they will be doing it for them. Work phone, work rules. And one of their BIG rules is no jailbreaking your device. DOH!

So after all of the declarations that I would not make the jump to 6.0.1 I am doing so as I type this. Gotta stay ahead of the ITS police!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS, itty bitty living space....
a genie in a bottle? or an unjailbroken iphone... you decide...

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Too funny. And I needed to find some humor in this. Thanks for that.

And now, for the really important question: Is there a way to get biteSMS, which has the beta for iOS6, on a device WITHOUT a jailbreak? I couldn't find anything with a quick Google search, but that doesn't mean there is not a way out there somewhere.

Thanks again...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Again, u CANNOT have a jb tweak on a stock device. Case closed. If u want to jailbreak ur iPhone, then get one yourself that u pay and do whatever u want to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711