- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Trouble With iPad 3 Screen / Bezel Replacement
Good Afternoon -
This afternoon, I started replacing my iPad 3's glass screen and bezel again as the 1st replacement screen didn't work 100%. I am also replacing the black plastic bezel which goes around it as well as the home button assembly which never worked correctly.
I got everything disassembled, swapped the parts, and put it back together (sans adhesive) and it all worked perfectly for once! There's just one issue I can't resolve...
The glass / bezel / aluminum body is a snug fit! Evedentually over the past few months, the aluminum must have become not as square is it was from the factory. When I put my glass in, it doesn't fit correctly and is very difficult to do with replacing the bezel at the same time.
I tried tacking down the bezel to the aluminum body with a few drops of super glue. This made it easier, but still didn't fit. If the glass were stronger, I'm sure I could pop it in, but it's obviously very fragile (and expensive!)
Any suggestions? Thanks!
- By caribmilly in forum iPad 3Replies: 6Last Post: 11-24-2012, 08:22 AM
- By Lotus Esprit V8 in forum Original iPadReplies: 3Last Post: 06-10-2010, 09:38 AM
- By egglesto in forum iPhone 4Replies: 4Last Post: 05-19-2010, 06:31 AM
- By Watkinsd in forum Original iPadReplies: 3Last Post: 04-16-2010, 10:17 PM
- By cjvitek in forum iPhone 4Replies: 12Last Post: 07-15-2008, 10:10 PM