Want to "Un-Jailbreak" an iPod Touch

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

This request is a call for help from my neighbour.

I'm not Jailbroken on my iPhone 4, but next door's teenager has an iPod Touch which he and his "mate" decided to Jailbreak with greenpois0n ( I think ). It's not gone well, and he's now stuck with an ipod that will launch any native iOS app but none of his downloaded apps work at all. The splash screens load but no apps open and the ipod returns to home screen.

Needless to say she's threatened to kill him in many different ways, but she's asked me if I can help. Having not Jailbroken any device myself is it a simple process to remove what he's done and restore his iPod to stock?

Here's what I know about the device, but it's been left in my care so I can get more info if required.....

Device = iPod Touch (Think it's a third generation (model number starts with MC) and it's 8GB)

iOS = 4.2.1

Jailbreak = GreenPois0n I think (I found this out by searching google for the loading image of a skull/apple logo hybrid)

So guys is there any way I can save the life of a teenager or is he doomed to his mother's wrath?

Cheers all

Chris

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks 3cit

Did search the forum but couldn't believe it was that simple with no hidden extras and didn't want to connect to my iTunes as it's not my device.

Really glad its that simple.

Dyljam

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey how did you do that? My ipod is jailbroken and cydia keeps crashing and when itunes says restore and update it restores and then says an error has occured... how do i do this then

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes after a JB the device wont simply restore or update. In that case you must put it into DFU mode. It is a mode where the device hasn't even loaded the OS yet and you're gauranteed to get the OS back on the device. So put the device in DFU mode then hook up to iTunes it will tell you that it found a device in rescue mode and then you click restore Done!

make sure you backup the device before you do it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73