Nedd help with iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 jailbreak and unlock

mwinterer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have bee researching and trying several things so any help would be great. I am new to iPhone devices and this is for my daughter. Here are the facts

1. iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1
2. locked to ATT and need to unlock to T-Mobile
3. Tried sn0wbreeze-v2.9.7 to jailbreak and did get it to work but apparently the unlock function is not allowed.
4. Restored phone with iTunes and the iPhone3,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw (listed as for 6.0.1 - 4 GSM)
5. Tried to downgrade to 5.1.1 - no luck
6. Tried redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3 but got message "Missing Keys.plist data for this build".
7. I tried the forum here and found some instructions but either messed it up or ?
8. Not sure if my messing around has screwed this up entirely (sigh)
9. Daughter in tears since she spent her own money to buy from a friend and I (as father) guaranteed I would make it work.

Options appear to by

1.jailbreak and unlock
2. IMEI unlock

So... Advice, "shame-on-you", help?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If your sole purpose for jailbreaking is to unlock the device, I am in agreement with rdiddy_25. Spending a few bucks will save you a lot of time and hassle.

mwinterer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well to be honest there is an issue where jailbreaking is needed. This is my 16 year old daughter. I do want to install some safety measures. so jailbreaking along with unlocking is preferred.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well to be honest there is an issue where jailbreaking is needed. This is my 16 year old daughter. I do want to install some safety measures. so jailbreaking along with unlocking is preferred.

I would still use the factory unlock from unlock fusion ..

After that is complete you can still jb if you choose but you won't have to worry about a software unlock or dealing with getting the unlock working

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

If safety is an issue then I WOULDN'T jailbreak the phone as u can go around a lot of the security measures already in place by Apple. But I agree with Peligro911, permanent unlock is better as u never have to worry about it getting locked to AT&T after a software update. Good luck

mwinterer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get the phone restored to 6.0.1 When I attempt to jailbreak the phone by selecting iPhone3,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw redsn0w tells me that version is not supported. I still want to jailbreak to install mobilespy.

Any help there?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You should buy that phone from your daughter and apologize to her for promising something you couldn't deliver.
Also you need to download a clean version of ios 6.0.1 from whatever source you choose and build a custom stitched firmware from whatever app (rednsow, snowbreeze) you feel most comfortable with. Then you need to use that same app, put your phone into PWNED dfu state then choose the shift+restore option in iTunes.

And one last completely uninvited and opinionated thought,
You sound more like a jealous boyfriend than a concerned father.
Mobile spy is not a safety measure.

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
And one last completely uninvited and opinionated thought,
You sound more like a jealous boyfriend than a concerned father.
Mobile spy is not a safety measure.

LOL no it isn't; strictly speaking it's spy software. Really no different than some of the parental controls available for computers though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro