Jailbreak ipad 2 6.0.1 without a computer?

Ganjmonj

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a really crappy computer here at my house and I was wondering if I could just download a jailbreak file with the ipad using a file downloader and just jailbreak like that.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a really crappy computer here at my house and I was wondering if I could just download a jailbreak file with the ipad using a file downloader and just jailbreak like that.
Is there a viable jailbreak for the iPad 2 with OS6 yet?

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't think so. All of the jailbreak info I've seen requires tethering to a computer for the jailbreak process.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
you could always go to a public access point like the library... and be sneaky about installing latest itunes! and then downloading absinthe....
or friends, relatives, coworkers, random people at starbucks...
theres always a way....

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think your PC could be that crappy... I've jailbroken with a 2003 netbook without a problem. Sure, installing such a heavy peice of software like iTunes takes a lifetime but it is doable.

As for 3cit's suggestion: I think iTunes required administrative privilages. It might be hard to find a public PC with that type of account. Still, the friends/coworkers suggestion is quite valid.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well you could also go super secret agent, "double o" level. get a thumb drive, download absinthe and download all the drivers that you need with itunes (driver for iphone, driver for iphone in recovery mode, driver for iphone in dfu mode)and then try a public computer!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2