Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Need help with jailbreaking iphone 4 'missing keys.plist data for this build'

Greg, I've tried your step by step 5 different times now. When I try to manually select my IPSW redsn0w tells me each time that it's not compatible. When I try the jailbreak....each and every time run as an administrator I get the missing keys.plist error. It's an iPhone 4 and I've downloaded the proper IPSW and have redsn0w 0.9.15b3 which is what I've been told continually to use. It's still not working.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Need help with jailbreaking iphone 4 'missing keys.plist data for this build'

Each and every person with missing plist should try to patch it together with his 6.0
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Need help with jailbreaking iphone 4 'missing keys.plist data for this build'

Greg, you HERO !!!
    I had some nasty issue's with poor GPS reception in my Tomtom navigation sinds i upgraded to iOs 6.0.1 and the Snowbreeze JB.
    Nothing worked and i've tried a lot of things.

I whiped the whole phone clean and started all over aiming for the Redsn0w JB.
    Tried all kind of workarounds to get rid of the 'missing keys.plist data for this build' error, but noting worked untill i found your solution !!!!!!
    So i tought i would be nice to register here and write a little THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! note )

Thanks for your help and effort. You made me a very happy person tonight.
    iPhone Nanite

can"t you just download cydia from the web
    iPhone Nanite

i am using ios 6 so from where can i find ios6 ipsw file?
    iPhone Nanite

Hey, I'm having a weird issue with this, I've tried doing the steps and here is what has happened to me, i run redsn0w and get the missing keylist error, i've downloaded two ipsw files (one for 6.0.1 and one for 6.0.0 after determining which ones were needed depending on the model number) I tried using the 6.0.1 ipsw file and it says incompatable with redsn0w, but it reconizes the 6.0.0, so i jailbreak it using that ipsw and it goes through the process of installing then gets stuck at a repeating "please wait" for about 10-15 minutes then reboots, no cydia to be seen, i shut it off and try to boot using the remaining steps and the screen comes up with a pineapple for about 5-10 minutes, then restarts and comes up with the normal apple icon and then nothing, no cydia installed or anything

EDIT: Nevermind, I am a complete *****, turns out I was using the wrong ipsw. I was using the one for just the normal iphone 4 when I should have been using the one for the GSM model
    Last edited by Wolf72886; 12-30-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    iPhone Nanite

Here is a step by step tutorial to fix Missing Keys.plist data for this build:
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Need help with jailbreaking iphone 4 'missing keys.plist data for this build'

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Daieh View Post
    Here is a step by step tutorial to fix Missing Keys.plist data for this build:
    Yes Adam, I believe we have covered this many times here.
    But you sure do have a pretty page over there, with pictures even!
    iPhone Nanite

Thank you 3cit. I tried to make it as simple as possible. I even wrote few articles on Cydia in English, French & Spanish, would love you hear your feedback on them:
    iPhone Nanite

Worked perfect! im so thankful, i seriously just registered for an account on this forum JUST to give props
    iPhone Nanite

When I right click RedSn0w on my Desktop and choose properties, Compatibility isn't an option.What should I do?
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

You don't need to use compatability mode
    iPhone Nanite

You are genius....Thanks a lot hey
    iMore Nanite

Greg, I've tried your step by step 5 different times now. When I try to manually select my IPSW redsn0w tells me each time that it's not compatible. When I try the jailbreak....each and every time run as an administrator I get the missing keys.plist error. It's an iPhone 4 and I've downloaded the proper IPSW and have redsn0w 0.9.15b3 which is what I've been told continually to use. It's still not working.

12-08-2012, 03:18 PM
    Luke Lam
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by muhammad rizwan3 View Post

12-08-2012, 03:18 PM
    Luke Lam
    Please don't revive old threads.
    As for your problem the iPhone 4 runs on I believe 3 different versions, GSM CDMA and GSM Rev A, I'll leave a link at the bottom of my phone with links to help you further identify your phone version, after you've identified your phone version you must find which IPSW is compatible with your phone as there are, again, 3 different versions corresponding with each iPhone version you must get that, I'm not gonna provide a link for this as I don't believe that I'm allowed to, now that you have the right IPSW you can continue step 5 and continue with the jailbreak.

Hope this had helped and please remember if you have a problem please make a new topic, rather than reviving an old thread, and provide us with everything that you've done. Once again hope this helped and have a nice day.

Link to identify phone

Tappin' and talkin' from my iPhone 4
    iPhone 4 GSM-Rev A Wildcard Unlocked (Black)- 7.0.4 - Evasi0n
    iPod Touch 2nd Gen (Black) - 4.2.1 - GreenPosi0n
    iPod Touch 5th Gen (Silver) - 7.0.6 - Evasi0n
    iPod Nano 3rd Gen (Teal)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123