Straight up guide to Unlocking & Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS

rosssymons

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I know this has probably been covered already, but I am in quite a rush today so posting this just before I leave the house for a few hours.

I would like to jailbreak an iPhone 3Gs and make it usable on any network. Currently it is locked on Orange, but I am on a different network.

I have tried Jailbreaking this morning but got a 3194 error with redsn0w so guessing I was doing something wrong.

Could someone just point me in the direction of an up-to-date guide on how to do this.

I am not too worried whether it is tethered/untethered, and my iPhone is currently up-to-date on 6.0.1.

Thanks.

P.S Dont know if these are needed but first 5 numbers of serial - 86951. First 2 letter of model MC

EDIT - also my baseband currently 05.16.07

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Follow this tutorial for your jailbreak: How to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1

For an unlock you'd be best served by just asking the carrier to do it. If they refuse, buy one online for a few dollars. Much more reliable than trying to do it yourself--and if you do it yourself you won't be able to update easily, if at all, without it getting locked again. Getting it done through the carrier will mean it's unlocked for good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner