Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Massie
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    21,352 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,585 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default iOS 6.0.1 already jailbroken?

    I don't know whether it's true or not, but I saw this via Twitter and thought I should pass it along.

  2. #2  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,010 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,015 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 already jailbroken?

    True for A4 devices (iPhone 4 and earlier). Because they can be exploited with limera1n those devices are always vulnerable to a tethered jailbreak. So you can now jb the 6.1 beta on those as well. Some blogs try to make it seem like big news with each release: "iOS 6.x Jailbroken On Day 1!" but the truth is that it's nothing new for those devices.

    Newer devices (4S, iphone 5, newer iPads) will have to wait.
    Thanked by:
    r5murphy (11-05-2012)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    21,352 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,585 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default iOS 6.0.1 already jailbroken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    True for A4 devices (iPhone 4 and earlier). Because they can be exploited with limera1n those devices are always vulnerable to a tethered jailbreak. So you can now jb the 6.1 beta on those as well. Some blogs try to make it seem like big news with each release: "iOS 6.x Jailbroken On Day 1!" but the truth is that it's nothing new for those devices.

    Newer devices (4S, iphone 5, newer iPads) will have to wait.
    Thank you, Massie. My devices have never been jailbroken so you're speaking a foreign language to me...(laughing)....Still, I understand the point you were making. Take care and have a great night
  4. #4  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,010 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,015 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 already jailbroken?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Thank you, Massie. My devices have never been jailbroken so you're speaking a foreign language to me...(laughing)....Still, I understand the point you were making. Take care and have a great night
    Ha, it does sound a little like gibberish sometimes...to simplify: the exploit used to jailbreak older devices (called Limera1n) is hardware based--the vulnerability is actually in a chip on the device--so no matter what software Apple releases, if you have one of those older devices, you can still jailbreak it because that chip is still there.

    It's as if Apple gave us the key to their car, and then tried to fix things by reprogramming the radio station presets. We might not like the music, but at least we're in the car.
    Thanked by:
    3cit (11-03-2012), JustMe'D (11-03-2012)
    3cit and JustMe'D like this.
  5. #5  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,627 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 already jailbroken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    It's as if Apple gave us the key to their car, and then tried to fix things by reprogramming the radio station presets. We might not like the music, but at least we're in the car.
    beautiful. just beautiful
  6. #6  
    iFan2012's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0

    Default Re: iOS 6.0.1 already jailbroken?

    That's true but this redsnow jailbreak version is only for A4 iDevices

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also if you have updated to 6.0.1 use to verify supported unlock method for your iPhone
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    21,352 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,585 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default iOS 6.0.1 already jailbroken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Ha, it does sound a little like gibberish sometimes...to simplify: the exploit used to jailbreak older devices (called Limera1n) is hardware based--the vulnerability is actually in a chip on the device--so no matter what software Apple releases, if you have one of those older devices, you can still jailbreak it because that chip is still there.

    It's as if Apple gave us the key to their car, and then tried to fix things by reprogramming the radio station presets. We might not like the music, but at least we're in the car.
    Understood and thank you again. Massie....
  8. #8  
    3cit's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,720 Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.6

    Default iOS 6.0.1 already jailbroken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    It's as if Apple gave us the key to their car, and then tried to fix things by reprogramming the radio station presets. We might not like the music, but at least we're in the car.
    Its like leonardo painted a picture of a metaphor, that michaelangelo then sculpted, and then shakespeare wrote down on paper.

    And delivered by massie

Similar Threads

  1. Updating already jailbroken Iphone 4 to IOS 5. Help!
    By Prachel89 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 02:49 PM
  2. Inheriting a 2G (1st Gen) phone w/ OS 2.0 - already jailbroken - how to upgrade?
    By DigitalMan in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 08:37 AM
  3. Already Jailbroken- facing Upgrade Dangers?
    By shreddie_murphy in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 11:52 PM
  4. How I Updated to 2.2.1 & Jailbroke an already Jailbroken 2.2 - From Backup
    By JNHohol in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 06:44 PM
  5. I'm already Jailbroken. Is it safe to upgrade to MacOS X 10.5.6?
    By mcoyle in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions