iOS 6.0.1 already jailbroken?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
True for A4 devices (iPhone 4 and earlier). Because they can be exploited with limera1n those devices are always vulnerable to a tethered jailbreak. So you can now jb the 6.1 beta on those as well. Some blogs try to make it seem like big news with each release: "iOS 6.x Jailbroken On Day 1!" but the truth is that it's nothing new for those devices.

Newer devices (4S, iphone 5, newer iPads) will have to wait.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
True for A4 devices (iPhone 4 and earlier). Because they can be exploited with limera1n those devices are always vulnerable to a tethered jailbreak. So you can now jb the 6.1 beta on those as well. Some blogs try to make it seem like big news with each release: "iOS 6.x Jailbroken On Day 1!" but the truth is that it's nothing new for those devices.

Newer devices (4S, iphone 5, newer iPads) will have to wait.

Thank you, Massie. My devices have never been jailbroken so you're speaking a foreign language to me...(laughing)....Still, I understand the point you were making. Take care and have a great night ;)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, Massie. My devices have never been jailbroken so you're speaking a foreign language to me...(laughing)....Still, I understand the point you were making. Take care and have a great night ;)

Ha, it does sound a little like gibberish sometimes...to simplify: the exploit used to jailbreak older devices (called Limera1n) is hardware based--the vulnerability is actually in a chip on the device--so no matter what software Apple releases, if you have one of those older devices, you can still jailbreak it because that chip is still there.

It's as if Apple gave us the key to their car, and then tried to fix things by reprogramming the radio station presets. We might not like the music, but at least we're in the car.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ha, it does sound a little like gibberish sometimes...to simplify: the exploit used to jailbreak older devices (called Limera1n) is hardware based--the vulnerability is actually in a chip on the device--so no matter what software Apple releases, if you have one of those older devices, you can still jailbreak it because that chip is still there.

It's as if Apple gave us the key to their car, and then tried to fix things by reprogramming the radio station presets. We might not like the music, but at least we're in the car.

Understood and thank you again. Massie...:).

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Its like leonardo painted a picture of a metaphor, that michaelangelo then sculpted, and then shakespeare wrote down on paper.

And delivered by massie