restored 3gs to Iphone 4s, lost cydia

katesphne79

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I'm really hoping someone can help me fix this problem. I'm not good at explaining this so here it goes,,,, :rolleyes::eek:

I had an Iphone 3gs and just bought Iphone 4s from craigslist already jailbroken with cydia & installous. Iphone 4s crashed and i lost cydia but not installous so I wanted to add all my info to my new phone so I used Itunes and I synced everything and it gave me a selection to either set as new phone or smething else, cant remember the other selection, I chose set up as new phone instead of the other one and now my phone has 5.1.1 on it and still has installous but cydia dissapeared. I still have all the cydia stuff the guy downloaded but the icon is gone and when I go to jailbreak me, it says my phone does not support my device. Can someone please help? I miss using cydia :(

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
first off we dont support piracy on this particular forum. So edit your post and remove all that installous crap.
also, im very confused about your post... if you restored your iphone through itunes, and you restored as new, you should be on ios6.0 which would mean you unfortunately cant jailbreak it currently.
however if you are on 5.1.1, which it seems you are because you say you still have all your cydia stuff, then perhaps you just "synced" your phone??
either way you should reboot your phone and see if the icon for cydia shows up again.
or you can go to your search spring board page and search for the cydia icon
lastly you can boot your phone in "safe mode" by holding both volume keys when you turn on your phone and see if the cydia icon is showing up...

so in conclusion...
edit post, remove all talk of pirated crap, then figure out if you are actually on ios 5.1.1 then try the three things i said. then write back and let us know!

katesphne79

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is this better?? And yes I have 5.1.1 on it. Thanks for your help!

Hi,
I'm really hoping someone can help me fix this problem. I'm not good at explaining this so here it goes,,,,

I had an Iphone 3gs and just bought Iphone 4s from craigslist already jailbroken. Iphone 4s crashed and i lost cydia. I wanted to add all my info to my new phone so I used Itunes and I synced everything and it gave me a selection to either set as new phone or smething else, cant remember the other selection, I chose set up as new phone instead of the other one and now my phone has 5.1.1 on it but cydia dissapeared. I still have all the cydia stuff the guy downloaded but the icon is gone and when I go to jailbreak me, it says my phone does not support my device. Can someone please help?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If u have a 4S with 5.1.1 just dl the latest version of Download Absinthe 2.0.4 and jailbreak

I suspect Absinthe will make a fuss because the phone is not stock...

To the OP: try the suggestions by 3cit. If that doesn't yield any good results, download TinyUmbrella and see which SHSH blobs are saved on Cydia's server.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR