Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Bananaaa's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Hey guys! Real noob here!

    I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iOS 6. I restored my phone to factory settings with iOS 4 and baseband of 6.15 (iPad baseband, right?). I then updated it to iOS 6, but can't get past the activation since it keeps telling me that it can't detect a sim card and it's "temporarily unavailable" when activating through the phone. I read that I might need to jailbreak it in order to get past this and unlock my phone. I did (and downgraded it to 5.14.04 with redsn0w since I found out that this was causing my low bars for service and other problems) , and was able to get past the activation, but can't get service. It says 'No Service' when I'm supposed to have service. I then followed a guide to download ultrasn0w fix and ultrasn0w in order to unlock my device. It worked for me (was soon surprised that it wasn't supposed to work with the redsn0w downgrade) and was able to get service. I was able to receive and make calls, but wasn't able to send text messages and if I receive text messages, I get 'Unknown' as the sender and the message is always blank. I thought this problem was the effect of my firmware not being compatible with ultrasn0w. I then upgraded my baseband back to 6.15 because the guide stated that 6.15 is supposed to be compatible with the trick. After upgrading, I was also able to make and receive calls, but had the same problem with text messages. I can't send messages and when I receive messages, I still get the 'Unknown' contact and get blank messages.

    I've seen others getting this problem, so I don't think it's because of my phone.

    I really hope you guys can help me and thanks in advance!
  2. #2  
    iDonev's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Same here. My 3GS gets blank messages on iOS 6 as well - huge reason why I downgraded to iOS 5.
    Anyway, it's not your phone that's at fault. And I'm not aware of a fix right now. I guess you'll have to choose between this and previous iOS versions.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Bananaaa's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Thanks for the reply! So do you think I should downgrade to iOS 5?
  4. #4  
    iDonev's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Only you can answer this question. Personally I don't see a compelling reason to be on iOS 6: the tethered jailbreak is a hassle and the blank messages are annoying.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
  5. #5  
    lilpupa's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    You have to restart your iphone once or twice, that's how I made mine worked. But imessage seems to be broken.
  6. #6  
    diarmuiduaduibhne's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    anyone fix this? i have the same problem. I am on a 3GS running ios 6 on BB5.13.04
  7. #7  
    featurex's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by diarmuiduaduibhne View Post
    anyone fix this? i have the same problem. I am on a 3GS running ios 6 on BB5.13.04
    Have the same problem with an iPhone 4 01.59.00, does anybody have a fix or advice, cant downgrade since the former owner has no shsh blobs saved.

    thx
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    Bananaaa's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by lilpupa View Post
    You have to restart your iphone once or twice, that's how I made mine worked. But imessage seems to be broken.
    Thanks! Would try that out later.
  9. #9  
    featurex's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by featurex View Post
    Have the same problem with an iPhone 4 01.59.00, does anybody have a fix or advice, cant downgrade since the former owner has no shsh blobs saved.

    thx
    Quote Originally Posted by featurex View Post
    Have the same problem with an iPhone 4 01.59.00, does anybody have a fix or advice, cant downgrade since the former owner has no shsh blobs saved.

    thx
    Found a workaround though ... Installen HandcentSMS and now its working.
    Thanked by:
    jeffpazpaz (04-30-2014)
    jeffpazpaz likes this.
  10. #10  
    angliuke's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Hello, I have the same problem with my iphone like you, did you find the solution of this problem?

    Thanks.
  11. #11  
    angliuke's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaaa View Post
    Hey guys! Real noob here!

    I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iOS 6. I restored my phone to factory settings with iOS 4 and baseband of 6.15 (iPad baseband, right?). I then updated it to iOS 6, but can't get past the activation since it keeps telling me that it can't detect a sim card and it's "temporarily unavailable" when activating through the phone. I read that I might need to jailbreak it in order to get past this and unlock my phone. I did (and downgraded it to 5.14.04 with redsn0w since I found out that this was causing my low bars for service and other problems) , and was able to get past the activation, but can't get service. It says 'No Service' when I'm supposed to have service. I then followed a guide to download ultrasn0w fix and ultrasn0w in order to unlock my device. It worked for me (was soon surprised that it wasn't supposed to work with the redsn0w downgrade) and was able to get service. I was able to receive and make calls, but wasn't able to send text messages and if I receive text messages, I get 'Unknown' as the sender and the message is always blank. I thought this problem was the effect of my firmware not being compatible with ultrasn0w. I then upgraded my baseband back to 6.15 because the guide stated that 6.15 is supposed to be compatible with the trick. After upgrading, I was also able to make and receive calls, but had the same problem with text messages. I can't send messages and when I receive messages, I still get the 'Unknown' contact and get blank messages.

    I've seen others getting this problem, so I don't think it's because of my phone.

    I really hope you guys can help me and thanks in advance!
    Hello, I have the same problem with my iphone like you, did you find the solution of this problem?

    Thanks.
  12. #12  
    Laelipoo's Avatar

    Posts
    1,913 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    The big issue here is that ultrasn0w does not officially support iOS 6. The "ultrasn0w fixer" is a third-party hack and not done by the dev-team. That is why going back to iOS 5 fixes the issue for most. Until ultrasn0w is updated for iOS 6 (no ETA on that by the way), you would have to either downgrade, or try fussing with it and see if it will work.
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

    ​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
  13. #13  
    3cit's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,713 Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.6

    Default Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Most people who are having success find that it does matter when installing ultrasnow fixer that you do it first...

    So jailbreak
    Then ultrasnow fixer
    Then ultrasnow
  14. #14  
    kfkf's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    using handcent worked for me... woke up all the blank message as well. Now they actually read something.
  15. #15  
    mitchmacoon's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    How do you get it to read all unknown messages?? I have like 50 unknown messages
  16. #16  
    Tornike Sidamonidze's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    here is fix

    1) remove both: ultrasnow and ultrasnow fixer
    2) remove simcard
    3) just boot with redsnow
    4) install only ultrasnow (dont install fixer!!!)
    5) insert simcard
    6) "just boot" with redsnow again
    7) done

    p.s i dont know why u need fixer but u can install it now..
  17. #17  
    yoda284's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts

    Default Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornike Sidamonidze View Post
    here is fix

    1) remove both: ultrasnow and ultrasnow fixer
    2) remove simcard
    3) just boot with redsnow
    4) install only ultrasnow (dont install fixer!!!)
    5) insert simcard
    6) "just boot" with redsnow again
    7) done

    p.s i dont know why u need fixer but u can install it now..
    Because at time of post ultrasnow did not support ios6 so you needed fixer
  18. #18  
    Srikanth Murleedharan's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    My recently jailbroken and unlocked 6.1.2 iPhone 3GS had the same issue - blank SMSs were being received and I was not able to send SMSs. I installed Handcent SMS and all the messages are readable now. You can either read them in the usual 'Messages' app of the phone or from the Handcent app. Also, I was able to send messages too.
  19. #19  
    Rissered's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Hi guys, im having the same problem, where can i download HandcentSMS?


    EDIT: Found it! i used to have the same problem and after installing HandcentSMS, just like everyone else IT WORKED. Now i can send and receive messages, i can also make and receive calls. THANKS GUYS!
  20. #20  
    LoveMekail's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    **5005*7672*msgcenternumber#

    Example...**5005*7672*+61418706700# and call it. Now it should be set.

    To see what your Message centre number is type:

    *#5005*7672# OR WATCH VIDEO ON THIS
    [url]http://youtu.be/4fqhx4MZeQA
  21. #21  
    LoveMekail's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    SEE DIS LINK
    [url=http://youtu.be/4fqhx4MZeQA
  22. #22  
    LoveMekail's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    SOLUTION
  23. #23  
    Jm Flores's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    1) remove both: ultrasnow and ultrasnow fixer
    2) remove simcard
    3) just boot with redsnow
    4) install only ultrasnow (dont install fixer!!!)
    5) insert simcard
    6) "just boot" with redsnow again
    7) done

    p.s i dont know why u need fixer but u can install it now..

    THIS worked !! very simple yet! perfect!!!
    mine is 3gs iOS 6.1.3 baseband is 06.15.00
    THANK YOU!
  24. #24  
    Nazrin Rahman's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    **5005*7672*msgcenternumber#

    Example...**5005*7672*+61418706700# and call it. Now it should be set.

    To see what your Message centre number is type:

    *#5005*7672# OR WATCH VIDEO ON THIS
    [url]http://youtu.be/4fqhx4MZeQA.....



    Thanks LoveMikail, it worked!
  25. #25  
    voxie's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

    Guys, I reset my text messaging service through my provider (Three Mobile) and that seemed to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HOW TO: Unlock a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS/4 running iOS 5.0.1
    By iDonev in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 09:03 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 04:35 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
  4. Can jailbroken Iphone 3g send MMS without data?
    By 2beCarbon in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 09:23 PM
  5. Helps on jailbroken iphone 3g
    By weekiat in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions