Jailbroken iPhone 3GS iOS 6 can't send text messages

Bananaaa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! Real noob here!

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iOS 6. I restored my phone to factory settings with iOS 4 and baseband of 6.15 (iPad baseband, right?). I then updated it to iOS 6, but can't get past the activation since it keeps telling me that it can't detect a sim card and it's "temporarily unavailable" when activating through the phone. I read that I might need to jailbreak it in order to get past this and unlock my phone. I did (and downgraded it to 5.14.04 with redsn0w since I found out that this was causing my low bars for service and other problems) , and was able to get past the activation, but can't get service. It says 'No Service' when I'm supposed to have service. I then followed a guide to download ultrasn0w fix and ultrasn0w in order to unlock my device. It worked for me (was soon surprised that it wasn't supposed to work with the redsn0w downgrade) and was able to get service. I was able to receive and make calls, but wasn't able to send text messages and if I receive text messages, I get 'Unknown' as the sender and the message is always blank. I thought this problem was the effect of my firmware not being compatible with ultrasn0w. I then upgraded my baseband back to 6.15 because the guide stated that 6.15 is supposed to be compatible with the trick. After upgrading, I was also able to make and receive calls, but had the same problem with text messages. I can't send messages and when I receive messages, I still get the 'Unknown' contact and get blank messages.

I've seen others getting this problem, so I don't think it's because of my phone.

I really hope you guys can help me and thanks in advance!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Same here. My 3GS gets blank messages on iOS 6 as well - huge reason why I downgraded to iOS 5.
Anyway, it's not your phone that's at fault. And I'm not aware of a fix right now. I guess you'll have to choose between this and previous iOS versions.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Only you can answer this question. Personally I don't see a compelling reason to be on iOS 6: the tethered jailbreak is a hassle and the blank messages are annoying.

featurex

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Have the same problem with an iPhone 4 01.59.00, does anybody have a fix or advice, cant downgrade since the former owner has no shsh blobs saved.

thx

Have the same problem with an iPhone 4 01.59.00, does anybody have a fix or advice, cant downgrade since the former owner has no shsh blobs saved.

thx

Found a workaround though ... Installen HandcentSMS and now its working.

angliuke

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! Real noob here!

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iOS 6. I restored my phone to factory settings with iOS 4 and baseband of 6.15 (iPad baseband, right?). I then updated it to iOS 6, but can't get past the activation since it keeps telling me that it can't detect a sim card and it's "temporarily unavailable" when activating through the phone. I read that I might need to jailbreak it in order to get past this and unlock my phone. I did (and downgraded it to 5.14.04 with redsn0w since I found out that this was causing my low bars for service and other problems) , and was able to get past the activation, but can't get service. It says 'No Service' when I'm supposed to have service. I then followed a guide to download ultrasn0w fix and ultrasn0w in order to unlock my device. It worked for me (was soon surprised that it wasn't supposed to work with the redsn0w downgrade) and was able to get service. I was able to receive and make calls, but wasn't able to send text messages and if I receive text messages, I get 'Unknown' as the sender and the message is always blank. I thought this problem was the effect of my firmware not being compatible with ultrasn0w. I then upgraded my baseband back to 6.15 because the guide stated that 6.15 is supposed to be compatible with the trick. After upgrading, I was also able to make and receive calls, but had the same problem with text messages. I can't send messages and when I receive messages, I still get the 'Unknown' contact and get blank messages.

I've seen others getting this problem, so I don't think it's because of my phone.

I really hope you guys can help me and thanks in advance!

Hello, I have the same problem with my iphone like you, did you find the solution of this problem?

Thanks.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The big issue here is that ultrasn0w does not officially support iOS 6. The "ultrasn0w fixer" is a third-party hack and not done by the dev-team. That is why going back to iOS 5 fixes the issue for most. Until ultrasn0w is updated for iOS 6 (no ETA on that by the way), you would have to either downgrade, or try fussing with it and see if it will work.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Most people who are having success find that it does matter when installing ultrasnow fixer that you do it first...

So jailbreak
Then ultrasnow fixer
Then ultrasnow

Tornike Sidamonidze

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
here is fix

1) remove both: ultrasnow and ultrasnow fixer
2) remove simcard
3) just boot with redsnow
4) install only ultrasnow (dont install fixer!!!)
5) insert simcard
6) "just boot" with redsnow again
7) done

p.s i dont know why u need fixer but u can install it now..

yoda284

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
here is fix

1) remove both: ultrasnow and ultrasnow fixer
2) remove simcard
3) just boot with redsnow
4) install only ultrasnow (dont install fixer!!!)
5) insert simcard
6) "just boot" with redsnow again
7) done

p.s i dont know why u need fixer but u can install it now..

Because at time of post ultrasnow did not support ios6 so you needed fixer

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My recently jailbroken and unlocked 6.1.2 iPhone 3GS had the same issue - blank SMSs were being received and I was not able to send SMSs. I installed Handcent SMS and all the messages are readable now. You can either read them in the usual 'Messages' app of the phone or from the Handcent app. Also, I was able to send messages too.

Rissered

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, im having the same problem, where can i download HandcentSMS?

EDIT: Found it! i used to have the same problem and after installing HandcentSMS, just like everyone else IT WORKED. Now i can send and receive messages, i can also make and receive calls. THANKS GUYS!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR