Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Accessing exchange contacts, mail etc via 2012 server on jailbroken device

Tried to do this but the server detects the iPhone is jailbroken so prohibits the iPhone hooking into server. Is there an app that can fool the server or a check box in the server that will bypass the prohibition ? Have tried googling with no success.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Accessing exchange contacts, mail etc via 2012 server on jailbroken device

Quote Originally Posted by rwhite View Post
    Tried to do this but the server detects the iPhone is jailbroken so prohibits the iPhone hooking into server. Is there an app that can fool the server or a check box in the server that will bypass the prohibition ? Have tried googling with no success.
    What server?
    Are you talking about the default mail app?
    Or a particular server at your work or somewhere?
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Accessing exchange contacts, mail etc via 2012 server on jailbroken device

I've never tried that myself, but using iFile to rename Cydia.app to something else might do the trick. The downside is that every time you want to actually use Cydia you'll have to rename it back, otherwise it will create a new Cydia.app.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

I just mean accessing my work exchange mail, calendar, tasks & contacts. Our work server has been upgraded to Exchange 2012 and has the capability of detecting a jailbroken iphone ( previous versions of the server software couldn't. ). So I can't access my work mail, contacts etc when I'm jailbroken.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

I haven't come across any apps or tweaks that can do what you're looking for. You may have to go back to stock since ur iPhone is on their server. Does ur company pay ur bill or is this ur iPhone?

Update. Did a little more research and there is a way to to this but is highly illegal. Sorry.
    Last edited by rdiddy_25; 10-19-2012 at 10:55 AM.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Newbie

I would have thought there was an option in exchange to turn it off? The IT can't find it though (and he is looking !)
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Re: Accessing exchange contacts, mail etc via 2012 server on jailbroken device

microsoft has locked out jailbroken apple products?
    thats confusing, to me!
    what your saying is that anybody running email off of a ms server2012 will not be able to access their exchange account if their iphone is jailbroken?
    have you tried other exchange apps? instead of just the default mail one?
    i know there are 2 in the app store that work
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

It's an IT policy that's in place to protect against hacks or viruses that they are scared of because the phone is jailbroken. They consider it to be "not secure" which is why you're blocked. I don't see IT losing their job just to disable a feature for ur jb iPhone.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Newbie

Yeh the IT guy is willing to do it but can't see where or how. It was not a problem under the old server (2007?)
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

Will xcon work to hide the fact it jailbroken?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

xcon can help bypass app detecting a jb device, not sure it will bypass IT security detection. Doesn't hurt to try though.