Ever regret jailbreaking?

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
This is one thing that I've never looked into but am considering it for my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 when it's available. I have an idea what the benefits are and am learning more including all of the terms. What I'm wondering is, does anyone regret jailbreaking and if so, why?

Thanks!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Been jailbroken since day 1 on my iPhone 2G. Those were scary times in jailbreaking because one wrong step and u had a VERY expensive paperweight. Nowadays, it's super easy to revert back to stock if jb'ing isn't for you. I always say, give it a try, nothing to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
One thing to be wary of... it is not unheard of for developers to put checks in their apps that look for signs of jail broken devices and the apps will not function. Not many are doing it now, but I see this as a growing trend.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I loved when I had my phone jailbroken. I would still have it today but my battery life on my 4s was just terrible. I would definitely go back to a jailbreak in the future though.

736dave

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Jail broke my 3 so I could tether while on the road. At that time jailbreaking didn't offer much advantage, so I went back to factory shortly afterwards.

The only advantages I see to jailbreaking these days might be to get wifi and Bluetooth controls on the home screen.

I know lots who brag about not having to pay for apps, but I prefer to support the developer community. .

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Although I've jailbroken all of my iPhones in the past and haven't had any regrets at all, I will not be jailbreaking my iPhone 5 this time around. It's meeting all of my needs at the moment, so I don't see the need for jailbreaking it, ymmv.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Skele

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
No. I have a iPhone 4S and and Ipad 3. The only thing I use after JB is the SBSetting. I need this for my iPhone as I need to save the battery as I'm out of office for a long period.

Then I do install cracked games, but it's only for testing. If I like the product I'll delete the installation and buy the original one. If Apple had cared, they could have given a full version of everything for free for a fixed time period rather than you need to buy and see, if it actually fits your requirement. In the initial period before I did JB, I had purchased things which never did what was advertised and Apple never paid me back for these fake products.

- - - Updated - - -

No. I have a iPhone 4S and and Ipad 3. The only thing I use after JB is the SBSetting. I need this for my iPhone as I need to save the battery as I'm out of office for a long period.

Then I do install cracked games, but it's only for testing. If I like the product I'll delete the installation and buy the original one. If Apple had cared, they could have given a full version of everything for free for a fixed time period rather than you need to buy and see, if it actually fits your requirement. In the initial period before I did JB, I had purchased things which never did what was advertised and Apple never paid me back for these fake products.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I jailbreak for the same reason I used to root my android phones.... Free wifi tethering.

Now on many android phones you no longer have to root to use pdanet and foxfi.

Are there any apps for non jailbroken iPhones to allow free tethering?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
At one point a tethering app slipped through the cracks of Apple's approval process, but was quickly pulled. So long story short - unofficial tethering is only avaiable through jailbreak.

And as to my thoughts on the topic: no, I don't regret jailbreaking because you lose nothing and gain a lot - not as much as you did in iOS 3 or so, but still well worth the occasional bug or respring (which I haven't had in ages)

- - - Updated - - -

At one point a tethering app slipped through the cracks of Apple's approval process, but was quickly pulled. So long story short - unofficial tethering is only avaiable through jailbreak.

And as to my thoughts on the topic: no, I don't regret jailbreaking because you lose nothing and gain a lot - not as much as you did in iOS 3 or so, but still well worth the occasional bug or respring (which I haven't had in ages)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2