Would you abandon Jailbreak if...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
In the 5 years I have owned an iPhone I have only run a stock iOS once. I LOVE my JB I love the things it enables me to do with my phone, to my phone(man that sounds so wrong). I know that everyone puts up the "What I want in the next iOS" which most times are things we all know Apple would never do. So I'm asking a different question out of curiousity. I feel like two of the biggest pulls of Jailbreaking is 1. Theming and 2. BiteSMS. So my question is

If in iOS 7 Apple were to impliment a Bite SMS like solution would you ditch JB?
-So you would be able to answer Texts and iMessages from the Lockscreen, it would have the exact functionality of BiteSMS just with the Apple polish.

the next question is

If in iOS 7 Apple put in an Apple created "Themes app" that allowed you to apply 1 of 10 Apple created iOS themes that were available for all iOS device would you ditch JB?
- The themes would becreated by Apple so they would work on the devices with very little hit to the OS, they wouldn't have the nagging issues of missing icons, black shadows on some icons and all the other fun stuff themers have to put up with. There would be 1-10 themes only and maybe extra themes added every now and then for holidays etc.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If Apple did implement those things into iOS 7 I may have to stay "Pure". I'm with u, I've never ran stock for more than a few days because I love to customize and tweek my phone too much. But I'd have to really consider not JB'ing if those things were in the next OS. And if not, JB it is 😁

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There are two other major groups of jailbreak users: unlockers and (as much as we don't like it) pirates.

To answer your question though, I don't use BiteSMS and neither do I theme my iOS devices.

What I love doing is adding and changing default behaviors for different aspects of the OS - extensive gesture systems, UI and UX tweaks like Springtomize, additional voice commands for Siri, Synergy and notification porting to my MacBook.

Bottom line: I wouldn't give up my jailbreak even Apple paid me!... well, depends on the amount :)

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't Really care about theming . What I would really like to see and believe that Apple will put in ios 7 is bite SMS. I'm Pretty sure that Apple has seen the popularity bite SMS has gained and will put it into ios !

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
There are two other major groups of jailbreak users: unlockers and (as much as we don't like it) pirates.

To answer your question though, I don't use BiteSMS and neither do I theme my iOS devices.

What I love doing is adding and changing default behaviors for different aspects of the OS - extensive gesture systems, UI and UX tweaks like Springtomize, additional voice commands for Siri, Synergy and notification porting to my MacBook.

Bottom line: I wouldn't give up my jailbreak even Apple paid me!... well, depends on the amount :)

So you must have tried Zephyr, If you didn't try it because it's amazing !

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I know the two reasons I listed aren't the only reasons people JB I just think those are two of the biggest reasons. What I mean by that is there are a couple of really big reasons like you said Unlockers that would be one of them. Out of all of them I know the two reasons I listed are included and those are the people I was wondering if they would give it up for the stock version.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Even if apple did allow bitesms into iOS I'd still jailbreak my device. Until the day comes where JB devs are allowed to post tweaks to app store, il stick to JB. There are hundreds of additional features I use even if BIteSMS is the most used. LockInfo and IntelliscreenX are 2 big ones. If apple wants to make the "best mobile platform in the world" then they need to work with these JB devs because honestly speaking they know iOS better than most.

Protube, Nitrous, PushTone, SwipeShiftCarat, iCaughtU, Copic, CallBar, Delete World, Adblock, SBsettings make jailbroken iOS the best iOS.

Last edited:

Skippy

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Implenting a bitesms-like feature + themeing feature is not enough for me. There's far to many other restriction by apple so I would still JB it.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly no. I love my iPhone and while I can run it stock, I will always jailbreak because I love to tinker. Some things like biteSMS, lockinfo and zephyr were so integrated into my workflow that I miss them constantly.
So when there is a jailbreak, I'm on it.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234