Problems with iPhone 4 after repair

chasemyprov1

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find anything about this so I thought I'd throw it out here and try to find an answer.

I installed a new loud speaker and in-ear speaker. The repair went well and both new speakers work, although both new speakers don't seem to be any louder than the previous ones which were very quiet.

After reassemble her phone doesn't want to stay connected to wi-fi and cellular service seems to be very poor. I ordered a replacement wi-fi antenna cover because the small metal piece under the long screw came out but I'm not entirely sure this is the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue??

chasemyprov1

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't risk repairs my self, Have you looked into 3rd party repair services?

I looked, but they are WAY overpriced for the work. I'm fairly certain I did everything correctly but there is just this one small issue. My wife has a new phone now but this problem is really bugging me.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
They could have been not true OEM parts. Like speakers.... They could be made different on the inside..

As for the WiFi issues, either a connection issue, but that would mean it would not work at all if something was not connected, or made something came loose. Lot's of variables to take into account...

itzbilly

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to find anything about this so I thought I'd throw it out here and try to find an answer.

I installed a new loud speaker and in-ear speaker. The repair went well and both new speakers work, although both new speakers don't seem to be any louder than the previous ones which were very quiet.

After reassemble her phone doesn't want to stay connected to wi-fi and cellular service seems to be very poor. I ordered a replacement wi-fi antenna cover because the small metal piece under the long screw came out but I'm not entirely sure this is the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue??

Make sure the antenna wire that plugs near the battery plug is put on correctly, it might have bent at one point if you forced it. The small metal piece is important, it connects to the outer antenna band (or some crap like that). Once you fix these two things, it should work perfectly fine.