Results 1 to 4 of 4
- iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Error restoring Custom Firmware
Hi everyone. I'm trying to create a custom firmware for my iPod Touch 3G, so I downloaded the original IPSW and via Sn0wbreeze I created my custom IPSW. Then I wanted to manually edit some files inside it too, so I changed its extension to ZIP and I uncompressed it. I converted the root filesystem to a Read/Write image by typing the following command in my Terminal:
hdiutil convert -format UDRW [PATH TO READ-ONLY IMAGE] -o Desktop/rw.dmg
I mounted it and I edited some very little things, for example I removed some wallpapers and ringtones. After that, I unmounted it and I converted it again to a Read-Only image by typing:
hdiutil convert -format UDZO Desktop/rw.dmg -o Desktop/ro.dmg
I renamed it and I replaced the original fs with it. I zipped all files and I changed the extension to IPSW. But, restoring with iTunes form pwnd DFU I get continuously error 14. I changed my cable and my USB port; I tried creating a new IPSW, etc. but nothing.
Please can you help me making it to work? Thank you, and sorry for my bad English (I'm Italian).
P.S. I know that I could edit the filesystem AFTER restoring the firmware, but for some reasons I need a firmware already edited.
- 10-02-2012, 12:07 PM #2
- 10-07-2012, 01:51 PM #4iMore Elite
- 2,554 Posts
- iOS Version
Re: Error restoring Custom Firmware
guy, most of the people here are not "special"
you are CLEARLY trying to do something illegal.
if you arent, load your CUSTOM (not "edited") firmware
then do whatever editing you want to do.
- By bggashnik in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-29-2010, 06:52 PM
- By grez14 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-07-2010, 05:34 PM
- By almohada in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-15-2010, 11:56 PM
- By buckethead in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 03-02-2009, 04:18 PM