- iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
Downgrading 05.16.07 so i can unlock with ultrasn0w
A friends given me an 8gb iPhone 3 that they bought on eBay to jailbreak and unlock.
It's on 5.1.1 and the baseband is 05.16.07
I've successfully jailbroken it using absinthe and don't have any issues with that.
The problem is that it's locked to Vodaphone and Ultrasn0w doesn't work.
I've done a bit of digging on various sites and it seems Ultrasn0w won't work on that baseband.
Can I use redsn0w to downgrade the baseband from my current one or do I have to upgrade to the iPad baseband (06.15???) Then downgrade?
Btw, I've checked the serial number and it's XX048XX
All help welcome guys!
- 09-30-2012, 04:46 PM #2
Re: Downgrading 05.16.07 so i can unlock with ultrasn0w
1. Remove ultrasn0w.
2. Run redsn0w. Click the jailbreak button. Uncheck "Install Cydia". Check "Install iPad baseband".
3. Complete the process.
4. Install ultrasn0w.
5. Do some digging on SAM tutorials - to enable push notifications, iMessage.
- 09-30-2012, 04:54 PM #3
- By 1982ollie in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2012, 06:23 AM
- By kingweb in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
- By roboa in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-28-2011, 08:34 PM