Get Rid of iOS Update Notifier?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been searching through Cydia since iOS6 came out to try and find an app that would hide the update alert on the Settings icon, as I am NOT upgrading until there is an iOS6 untethered JB, and really don't want that silly "1" sitting there until then. Haven't located anything close...

Anybody know of anything I have missed?

Thanks....

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I tried "No Update" but couldn't get it to work but noOTA Badge worked just perfect. Now I don't have to look at it for the next several months.

Thanks again...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have noOTA Badge on mine but the notification still seems to show up in Settings/General/Software Update and it shows a "1" badge. I suppose I can live with this since there is no badge on my home screen...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Well... It's trying to tell you something lol. I can understand trying to ignore it and block it out. But they want you to update your device. It will be linked any where and everywhere.

You would be surprised what the norm says when they look at there phone one of these days and say " wow I got an OS update" Ummmm ya it's been out for a while now..

Either way, just have to learn to ignore it for the time being.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have noOTA Badge on mine but the notification still seems to show up in Settings/General/Software Update and it shows a "1" badge. I suppose I can live with this since there is no badge on my home screen...

If you have winterboard you can theme it out...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Ha! I know. but there is no way I'm upgrading to iOS6 yet as I love my Jailbroke phone... at least it isn't like my wifes Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (AT&T) that made it mandatory that she upgrade to the Pushed OS (GB to ICS)...

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Do tell.. I just went through my winterboard and found no options for this.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348870533.007568.jpg
Theme that ping image, preferably as a blank image
And it goes into the
"Var/mobile/stash/applications/preferences.app" folder

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

LOL you are a hackers - hacker! ;)

---------- Post Merged at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I use Update hider for iOS 5. Works perfectly, no badge or anything. You can't even tell there's an update; the phone will not find it in Settings/General/Software Update.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i think if you had any of these before you got the update notice you will be in the clear.... i had noOTA but i restored and never reinstalled, so i ended up with the badge... update hider eliminated the settigns icon app badge, but not the badge inside. noOTA killed my abliity to download the updarte but kept the badge inside settings still. update killer fixed all of it. so if you have the badge icons already go with update killer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice