Frustrating: Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4?
07-29-2013 09:31 PM
- The RedSnow Stitched CFW variant was not working. So I followed the SnowBreeze alternative.
restore - Error in restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4 using custom IPSW - Ask Different
Thank you. I hit THANKS button and followed this process and now have iOS 511b/r1 on the iPhone 4 - Setup as New Phone (as per 2nd Quoted post - From Layout related thread).
I have now Cydia and AppSync 5.0 running on the phone.
Now I am planning to follow the process given in the 2nd quoted post.. for a RESTORE which maintains the SpringBoard, Apps, Folders and all other Layouts.
Now, I am finding this a bit of a Mixup/ Confusing.
The ORDER in which the following two are to be restored is different in both the quoted posts:
- Cydia Apps (via PKGBackup) - CA
- JB Apps (via iTunes 'Restore from Backup' + AppSync) - JBA
Now, I am very keen in having them syncback and LARGELY MAINTAIN the "App & Folder" Layout on SpringBoard.
How can I make that happen for sure?
Which RESTORE order would be better?
- CA > JBA
- JBA > CA
or a Stacked Triple Step - CA > JBA > CA .... OR... JBA > CA > JBA
Add to that other LAYOUT SAVING Alternatives that I have backups for??
- Layout as saved in and from iTunes Backup Restore
- Using Springtomize, FolderEnhancer & Grid etc LAYOUT backups? In the end or middle?
Thoughts and Suggestions please?:nono: Wrong approach
Here's the appropriate approach to upgrading:1.) First you'll have to open Cydia and ensure it has your SHSH blob for iOS 5.1.1 save, if not, your only hope is to upgrade to the latest 5.X SHSH it (Cydia) lists at the top of its home page (keep note of it). If no 5.X firmware is listed, you're out of luck; skip to step 11.)
2.) Backup your device using Package Backup from Cydia; this is the safefest way to get all your settings back while avoiding issues in the future (restoring from iTunes backup is well know to cause problems)
3.) Download the latest versions of both Sn0wbreeze and TinyUmbrella
4.) Ensure iTunes is closed then connect your device to your computer, open up TinyUmbrella, select your device under its "Connected Devices" tree menu, click the "Advanced" tab and ensure "Request SHSH From Cydia" is checked. Keeping note of the "Save SHSH Directory", click the "Save SHSH" button
5.) Open Sn0breeze, use it to download the iOS firmware corresponding to the latest 5.X you kept a note of from step 1.). Once the download is complete, use it (in iFaith mode) to create a Signed CFW of the latest 5.X SHSH blob you saw in Cydia
6.) After the CFW has been created, follow Sn0breeze's instructions to get your device into Pwned DFU mode.
7.) Open up iTunes and it should detect your device in recovery mode; hold down the "Shift"/"Option" key then click the "Restore" button, browse for your SIGNED custom firmware and let iTunes upgrade and jailbreak your iPhone.
8.) When the process is complete, set up your iPhone as a NEW device, if you don't use cracked apps, skip to step 10.) otherwise proceed to step 9.)
9.) Open cydia, add the following repo and install AppSync from it (the official Hackulous repo is dead, incase you didn't know):repo.ipastore.me
10.) Sync all your desired apps from iTunes to your iPhone, reinstall PkgBackup from Cydia and use it to restore your repos, tweaks and app/tweak settings
11.) DoneThis is how I did & work fine for me many many time:
-Backup (using iTunes), + Chinese soft-91pc (Contact & others)
-Backup Springboard layout
-setup as new iphone (for 4s Absinthe/Cinject to work)
-install Mobile Terminal & changes passwords (alpine)
-Restore from 91pc backup
-Install Springtomized 2 (I reduced my icons, column & row), respring
-Install FolderEnhancer (Reboot, resprint)
-right click the device (iphone), restore from previous backup
-I let it run while I go to sleep (I add lots of abs & take age to restore all).
-Copy back contents of the \User\Library\SpringBoard\*
-Install back gridlock & all setting & layout back to normal & reliable if you do correctly.
- I did have Springtomize 1 on iOS 4.2.1 and have its Layout Backups and would be adding Springtomize 2 on iOS 5.1.1
- I have not used FolderEnchancer so far so not sure if I will use it / need it / or do you recommend it?
- Does the 91pcBackup do something special here to back/ restore?01-08-2013 07:28 PM
- I'm also having the same issue with downgrading to ios 5.1.1 and Im so glad I found this site in google, How to Downgrade iOS 6.0.1 to iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4/3GS iPod Touch 4G. It really help me alot.01-21-2013 09:51 AM
- i am using Iphone 4 on 4.2.1 want to update to 5.1.1 tried all methods.. one major problem with Stitching Blobs.. i made custom firmware.. but there it gives error in stitching couldnt be verified etc.. please help in this step will be greatly appraised .. thank you07-28-2013 07:13 PM
- Apple Software & Systems
- Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
Frustrating: Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD