Re: Frustrating: Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4?
The RedSnow Stitched CFW variant was not working. So I followed the SnowBreeze alternative.
[url=http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/68370/error-in-restoring-ios-5-1-1-on-iphone-4-using-custom-ipsw]restore - Error in restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4 using custom IPSW - Ask Different[/url]
Thank you. I hit THANKS button and followed this process and now have iOS 511b/r1 on the iPhone 4 - Setup as New Phone (as per 2nd Quoted post - From Layout related thread).
I have now Cydia and AppSync 5.0 running on the phone.
Now I am planning to follow the process given in the 2nd quoted post.. for a RESTORE which maintains the SpringBoard, Apps, Folders and all other Layouts.
Now, I am finding this a bit of a Mixup/ Confusing.
The ORDER in which the following two are to be restored is different in both the quoted posts:
- Cydia Apps (via PKGBackup) - CA
- JB Apps (via iTunes 'Restore from Backup' + AppSync) - JBA
Now, I am very keen in having them syncback and LARGELY MAINTAIN the "App & Folder" Layout on SpringBoard.
How can I make that happen for sure?
Which RESTORE order would be better?
- CA > JBA
- JBA > CA
or a Stacked Triple Step - CA > JBA > CA .... OR... JBA > CA > JBA
Add to that other LAYOUT SAVING Alternatives that I have backups for??
- Layout as saved in and from iTunes Backup Restore
- Using Springtomize, FolderEnhancer & Grid etc LAYOUT backups? In the end or middle?
Thoughts and Suggestions please?
Originally Posted by MrElectrifyer
Originally Posted by Home User
- I did have Springtomize 1 on iOS 4.2.1 and have its Layout Backups and would be adding Springtomize 2 on iOS 5.1.1
- I have not used FolderEnchancer so far so not sure if I will use it / need it / or do you recommend it?
- Does the 91pcBackup do something special here to back/ restore?