Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rdiddy_25
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Question Help fixing 3014 Error upgrading to 6.0

Trying to upgrade to 6.0 and continue to get the 3014 error message. I have even tried restoring instead of upgrade and get the same error message. I have checked my Host file and it hasn't changed. I have tried upgrading through WIFI and get error message? I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I noticed on my Cydia home page (see attachment) that the most recent SHSH blob saved is 5.1.1r1 - could this be the source of my problems - and if so, how do I get around this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help fixing 3014 Error upgrading to 6.0-image.jpg  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

You have to put ur phone into dfu mode first then upgrade thru iTunes to iOS 6. If you're already jailbroken u can't do an iOS update ota, will error out every time.
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Yeah, you need to try DFU mode before you try anything else.

So many people are experiencing problems I have noticed trying to upgrade.

The file in Cydia is you SHSH blob file. This is required for a downgrade or a restore to a firmware that apple isn't signing anymore. So that would not have anything to do with loaded IOS 6.

Let us know how you get on back here. As I will be upgrading my iPhone to IOS 6 soon, when there is a tethered jailbreak out with Cydia.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Thanks for the advice - tried putting the phone in DFU mode and then upgrading to 6.0 and get the same message. So I then tried upgrading on a different computer through iTunes and get the same message on that computer?? It won't even let me restore it to factory settings - I get the same 3014 error message?? The weird thing is I was able to successfully upgrade my iPad 2 with no problems - though the iPad is NOT JB. Is there a way to do a clean wipe on the phone and then restore as a "new phone"?
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Yes there is. You could try restoring to 5.1.1, however you will need to make a custom stitched firmware with your 5.1.1 blob with redsn0w. Then set up as a new phone. This will get rid of all the jailbreak data and rubbish. Then update to IOS 6, then restore from backup if you want to.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Help fixing 3014 Error upgrading to 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Keithski View Post
    Trying to upgrade to 6.0 and continue to get the 3014 error message. I have even tried restoring instead of upgrade and get the same error message. I have checked my Host file and it hasn't changed. I have tried upgrading through WIFI and get error message? I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I noticed on my Cydia home page (see attachment) that the most recent SHSH blob saved is 5.1.1r1 - could this be the source of my problems - and if so, how do I get around this?
    Hi can be as simple as removing a few lines of code from your hosts file depending on wether you have the SHSH blobs saved on the Cydia server or not.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default Re: Help fixing 3014 Error upgrading to 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Stanyy View Post
    Hi can be as simple as removing a few lines of code from your hosts file depending on wether you have the SHSH blobs saved on the Cydia server or not.

Pretty safe to say OP has issue resolved by now seeing how this is going on 2yrs ago. Thanks for joining iMore tho.
    HankAZ and Stanyy like this.