Unlock, upgrade, reset--which order to do things.

Akiramich

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I preorderd the IPhone 5 and should have my new phone on Friday.

I want to get my current Iphone 4 ready to sell. I have not upgraded to IO6 on the phone yet. I did get an email from AT&T saying that my unlock request came through and I can unlock the phone by doing the synch/restore on my computer.

I have a couple questions about how to procede.

1. If I unlock the phone first, and then upgrade to IO6, do I lose the unlock--or once the phone is unlocked does it stay unlocked.

2. Should I even bother to upgrade to IO6 or let the buyer choose to do that?

3. After I switch over to the Iphone 5, I'm going to use the Erase all Content and Setting feature to clean out my old phone. By doing this do I lose the unlock and/or any upgrade to IO6.

Thanks for the help. This is the first time I have ever tried to sell my old phone and I am trying to make it the most attractive format for a potential buyer.

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about the unlock, I think it remains that way but I could be wrong. What I'm sure about is that you should do a clean restore in iTunes, then upgrade to iOS 6.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
1. Once AT&T unlocks it through iTunes, it's unlocked forever.

2. Advertise it as on 5.whatever and jailbreakable. Buyer can update if he/she wants.

3. Erasing all content and settings will not lose your unlock. It's your only option if you don't want to update to iOS 6 - resetting as new may force you to upgrade.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW