so the thing about ios6 jailbreak....

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
is that none of our favorite tweaks are setup for it...
i LOVE the way my phone is setup right now, but this douchey chemist at my work last night showed me ios6 on his phone and the new maps(eh, whatever) and the fantastic implementation of do not disturb, which is TERRIFIC and some crap called passbook...
like i said, i LOVE my setup on ios5, springtomize, gridlock, lockinfo, bite, browser changer... so why do i want to jump to ios6 so bad????
you think i wouldve learned my lesson jumping from 4.3.3 to 5.0 or from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1!
but NOOOO i will never learn!
anyone else have this issue, well anyone except "team pure" leader blink?? :D

PTDJGUY

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Update to ios 6

My iphone, 4s is up to date with 5.1.1. I have tried to update to ios 6. Do I need to go back to factory settings in order to install 6? I have tried to install 6 maybe 5 or 6 times earlier only for it to stop/crash/stop with an error. So I restarted. What is the way for me to go, reset to factory or keep trying?
Thanks all for your help

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
My iphone, 4s is up to date with 5.1.1. I have tried to update to ios 6. Do I need to go back to factory settings in order to install 6? I have tried to install 6 maybe 5 or 6 times earlier only for it to stop/crash/stop with an error. So I restarted. What is the way for me to go, reset to factory or keep trying?
Thanks all for your help

You have to put ur phone into recovery mode and update thru iTunes. Can't do ota in jb iPhone

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a little tempted, mainly for the unified apple id, but I'm giving it two weeks. After that, I may consider a bit of purity. Gotta give the dev team time. :)

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Can redsn0w tether jailbreak IOS 6 yet?

Like you 3cit. I love my setup, but I'm so tempted. Why do I have these insane thoughts????

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I updated last night. ALWAYS been jb, but I figure if I'm going to get a 5 I may as well get used to being stock now. Definitely an adjustment though.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can redsn0w tether jailbreak IOS 6 yet?

Like you 3cit. I love my setup, but I'm so tempted. Why do I have these insane thoughts????

A4 devices (iPhone 4 but not 4S) can tether jb but I don't know what is/isn't working. (Cydia will have to be installed manually, for example.)

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
A4 devices (iPhone 4 but not 4S) can tether jb but I don't know what is/isn't working. (Cydia will have to be installed manually, for example.)

Massie, do you know how to install Cydia with redsn0w.

Do you just SSH it in? Guessing it's not that simple?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Massie, do you know how to install Cydia with redsn0w.

Do you just SSH it in? Guessing it's not that simple?

You have to use a ssh program, like winscp and activate the terminal function and then you need to login to su root, then you need to push the Cydia package onto your iPhone

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
You have to use a ssh program, like winscp and activate the terminal function and then you need to login to su root, then you need to push the Cydia package onto your iPhone

Where do you get the Cydia package from though?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Where do you get the Cydia package from though?
you dont actually get the cydia package, your phone gets the cydia package.

once you upgrade to ios 6 then jailbreak using redsnow, the reboot tethered using redsnow, you hook up to your phone with winscp access terminal and then...

type:
ssh root@<IP address of your device goes here>

It will now prompt you to enter the root password.
Type: alpine
Once done, type:
"wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh" (no quotes, copy and paste!!!!)
then your phone will reboot (and fail, remember you need to reboot tethered)

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
iOS 6 isn't tempting me. It's just a minor update for me. I use transit on google maps all the time and it's not worth giving up. Also JB has much better tweaks available than stock.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
iOS 6 isn't tempting me. It's just a minor update for me. I use transit on google maps all the time and it's not worth giving up. Also JB has much better tweaks available than stock.

Exactly how I feel except for google maps. I use navagon and the apple maps are really just for entertainment until they're more accurate.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro