Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default A little help :(

I'm new here. I have no idea what's going on with my installous. I had it and it was working just fine, today when I went to search for something it kept giving me the api unavailable error. So after a bit of googling I used a guide to "solve" the problem. It said I had to go to cydia, uninstall appsync, reboot and install it again. After that the installous icon disappeared along with some apps I had.

I have tried the same process over and over and I can't figure out what's wrong. I have searched and have found no solution.

I'm using an Ipad 2 with IOS 5.1.1

I didn't jailbreak it, someone else did it, so I have no clue as to how this whole thing works.

I'd appreciate any help
    iMore Genius

20,842 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,723 Global Posts

Installous is involved in app piracy, and discussions of that are unwelcome per the forum's rules.
    iMore Genius

8,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

silly scallywags

Hook to iTunes and restore then open app store and download your apps problem solved
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

***Policy of Piracy Discussions***
    We are now taking a ZERO TOLERANCE to piracy discussion. Discussions regarding the pirating of video games and/or App Store apps for use on jailbroken iPhones will not and can not be tolerated. Any posts containing links and/or discussion of any pirated material will result in a immediate and permanent ban from iMore forums.

Thanks for understanding.