Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default White glowing edge around lcd after replacment

I replaced a iphone 4s LCd and touch digitizer today and after I put back together I noticed that there was a white glowing edge around the LCD and it seems to be getting worse. What is this and what is making it do that? I need to fix the phone because the customer isn't liking it...

Thanks
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iPhone Nanite

Yes it's like a milky white cloud around the edge of the LCD. Seems like it's growing bigger also. I'll try to have the customer send me a picture.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

I'm not able to click on that it isn't linked to anything. cid:7460A4D6-B713-4AA4-906C-C25EB7349EDB that's all I see
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,170 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had this happen on a replacement 4S. They swapped it for another. Must be faulty screens.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,170 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBoi View Post
    My apologies. I meant this:

Attachment 18544
    Mine did not look like that. It was a straight line going down the complete left side of the screen. When the screen was fully lit, it looked worse. A white glowing line.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Nanite

no not at all it's solid clear around the LCD with white. I'm attaching a picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White glowing edge around lcd after replacment-dan-phone.jpg  
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Nanite

Oh wow. I heard customers of Apple had that same problem and have said that "clouding" went away after a couple weeks. Apparently, it was the organic glue compound Apple was using that produced that effect. But I don't know what to tell ya man. I mean you did say that the iPhone owner was a customer of yours?
    Yeah which this is his first time having me fix his phone which the first impression isn't very good!! I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy a new lcd and see if that fixes it which I don't want too!
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Nanite

Unless I did something wrong inside that I can easily fix by taking it apart and putting it back together again. Which is another issue because I don't have the phone around me where I can open it back up and check.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Nanite

Maybe the screws are on too tight? Or maybe the LCD display isn't properly inserted to the glass panel?
    I thought about the screws being too tight I'll see if I can get it back and check that out. Also I bought the LCD and digitizer already together. So I didn't have the lcd away from the digitizer.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iPhone Nanite

Also maybe this will trigger something that I did wrong. The corners of the screen when you touch them it looks like a computer monitor when you touch the lcd you see the wripples from the pressure. Well the corners of the phone does that also.