White glowing edge around lcd after replacment

stuartmann87

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I replaced a iphone 4s LCd and touch digitizer today and after I put back together I noticed that there was a white glowing edge around the LCD and it seems to be getting worse. What is this and what is making it do that? I need to fix the phone because the customer isn't liking it...

Thanks

stuartmann87

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's like a milky white cloud around the edge of the LCD. Seems like it's growing bigger also. I'll try to have the customer send me a picture.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had this happen on a replacement 4S. They swapped it for another. Must be faulty screens.

stuartmann87

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow. I heard customers of Apple had that same problem and have said that "clouding" went away after a couple weeks. Apparently, it was the organic glue compound Apple was using that produced that effect. But I don't know what to tell ya man. I mean you did say that the iPhone owner was a customer of yours?

Yeah which this is his first time having me fix his phone which the first impression isn't very good!! I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy a new lcd and see if that fixes it which I don't want too!

stuartmann87

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Unless I did something wrong inside that I can easily fix by taking it apart and putting it back together again. Which is another issue because I don't have the phone around me where I can open it back up and check.

stuartmann87

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the screws are on too tight? Or maybe the LCD display isn't properly inserted to the glass panel?

I thought about the screws being too tight I'll see if I can get it back and check that out. Also I bought the LCD and digitizer already together. So I didn't have the lcd away from the digitizer.

stuartmann87

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Also maybe this will trigger something that I did wrong. The corners of the screen when you touch them it looks like a computer monitor when you touch the lcd you see the wripples from the pressure. Well the corners of the phone does that also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro