biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased this after watching the development a couple of months ago, then forgot about it when work got in the way (don't you hate it when that happens?). One thing, or first impression if you will, is the the transparent QR is not as effective if your background wallpaper is not dark. Anyway to kill the transparency?

Other than that, I agree that this just might be the best Bite theme.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I believe if you mess around in the plist files you can set a certain transparency/colour for that but I wouldn't advise it of you don't know what you're doing.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just purchased this after watching the development a couple of months ago, then forgot about it when work got in the way (don't you hate it when that happens?). One thing, or first impression if you will, is the the transparent QR is not as effective if your background wallpaper is not dark. Anyway to kill the transparency?

Other than that, I agree that this just might be the best Bite theme.

I believe if you mess around in the plist files you can set a certain transparency/colour for that but I wouldn't advise it of you don't know what you're doing.

Absolutely correct! AND EASY!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352013180.483368.jpg
var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid/info.plist
The "qr-background-color" is #00000009 and the first six is hex code for black, the next two is opacity level... So just delete the last two and there will be a lack of transparency, or 10 for complete opacity, or if you want it even more transparent, (which YOU don't, but others might) try any value from 01-09

Last edited:

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
THANK YOU! You were correct, once I knew what I was looking for, it was extremely easy.

Now my QR is just what I need it to be.

And, what app is in that screen shot. I had to save the file to Dropbox, edit in Notepad, resave to Dropbox, then overwrite the original file with iFile. There has to be an easier way to do this...

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Boy, have I been doing this the hard way! Thanks Massie! Wow....

OK - one more question as I get into the a little more. What is the field to change the balloon colors. I don't mind leaving iMessages blue, but I'd really like to play around with the white field/black text to a black field or dark gray with white text. I might even want to play around with button colors.

Note for the developer = please do not be offended if I am playing around with BiteLiquid. It is clearly the best, cleanest, Bite theme released, and well worth the purchase. I am, more than anything else, trying to learn how all this fits together with the intent to someday create a custom theme for myself. Not sure I can do any better, but I love tinkering... Thanks...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
OK - one more question as I get into the a little more. What is the field to change the balloon colors. I don't mind leaving iMessages blue, but I'd really like to play around with the white field/black text to a black field or dark gray with white text. I might even want to play around with button colors.

In that same info plist there is are the names if the balloons and the buttons. You should look up a hex color chart, then you can play with the TEXT COLORS INSIDE THE button.
However to change the actual colors of the buttons you need to pull the images off your phone, and edit them with a program (like photoshop or GIMP). Then you need to save them and re-inject them back into your phone.
It's actually a lot easier than that all sounds!!!
Especially if you use ifunbox, you can connect your phone, open the file explorer, navigate tithe otter folder, click and drag onto your desktop, then open the file with your graphic imaging program and edit to your hearts content.... When finished drag back into the file explorer and it will automatically overwrite, then you just go to bite, settings, themes, select a different theme, then select bite liquid, then apply theme and see if you are happy with results. If so great! You're done! If not, edit it some more!!!!
For safety reasons you should always keep a "clean" backup of all .png files you are going to work on to make sure you can have the original...
What i do, is once I copy the file into my computer, using ifunbox I rename the .png file i just copies to .pngX
That way the original file is there, but will not get overwritten, or used because it is an unknown Ike extension type!
Good luck theming! Im sure people here will be happy to see your efforts!
So post results!

Last edited:

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
OK - I downloaded ifunbox, and it seems pretty straight forward. I do not, however, know which images I am looking for. To keep it simple, for learning purposes, which ones are responsible for the conversation bubbles? I was hoping there would be images labeled BLUE CONVO BUBBLE, WHITE CONVO BUBBLE, etc., but that would have been too easy.

Thanks for the help!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you meant my lockscreen it was a theme called Blink, available on the macthemes forum. The wallpaper was my own.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
OK - I downloaded ifunbox, and it seems pretty straight forward. I do not, however, know which images I am looking for. To keep it simple, for learning purposes, which ones are responsible for the conversation bubbles? I was hoping there would be images labeled BLUE CONVO BUBBLE, WHITE CONVO BUBBLE, etc., but that would have been too easy.

Thanks for the help!

What bubbles? The ones for the application? Or the ones for qc / qr??
I have windows, so when open ifunbox I see a preview of the image, so it's easy to tell...
Also in ifile, you can see the images and the names so you know what you're working with...

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry 'bout that. I should have been a little more specific .

The conversation "bubbles" which are white, blue, and ???. And I think I have an idea to try through iFile.

Thanks...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry 'bout that. I should have been a little more specific .

The conversation "bubbles" which are white, blue, and ???. And I think I have an idea to try through iFile.

Thanks...
balloon1=green outgoing
balloon2=white incoming
balloonim= blue outgoing

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I was able to successfully change the colors and text colors. Not at all difficult when you learn what to look for.

Is there any kind of tutorial somewhere that defines what each of the images and other fields do or represent? Anyone?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I was able to successfully change the colors and text colors. Not at all difficult when you learn what to look for.

Is there any kind of tutorial somewhere that defines what each of the images and other fields do or represent? Anyone?
i have not actually found one.
i have thought about creating one too just for my own reference, but im a bit too lazy!!!

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
LOL - I am feeling your laziness. Just not motivated for anything to detailed once I get off work. I guess I'll just keep on with the trial and error. Best way to learn in a lot of ways anyhow.

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
A little more help please?

In Quick Reply, I am trying to figure out a way to insert a break or line or divider, whatever term you want to use, between the message body and the reply field. With everything "Black", there is no line of demarcation, as it were. See image for better definition.

9.11.PNG

If anyone knows how to create this, I'd love to hear it. Thanks....

Attachments

• 9.7.PNG
    9.7.PNG
    281.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 9.8.png
    9.8.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 171

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you got some HUGE font going there!
You need to edit the image. Like what you did for the bubbles...
Remember when you changed the plist for transparency? You changed it for a certain field.
Pull that same field into a graphic image program, put a border around it.
I suggest a pencil thin whir border.
Then import your edited image back into the bite liquid folder

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner