biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to activate it in winterboard anymore since he has it working completely within bites own "sandbox", but it probably doesn't hurt to have it enabled in winterboard too... And
No, it's just a bite theme and a qr/qc theme

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey I just downloaded you, and this is crazy, but heres another "bug", so fix it maybe??

So when typing a message, if you go to a "second line" the box is not flush with the "send" button... Call me picky, but I don't think it should be this way...
I'm gonna fix it, because to me that's easier than emailing the developer

x.D

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey I just downloaded you, and this is crazy, but heres another "bug", so fix it maybe??

So when typing a message, if you go to a "second line" the box is not flush with the "send" button... Call me picky, but I don't think it should be this way...
I'm gonna fix it, because to me that's easier than emailing the developer

Can you show me an example of what you mean?

The first release was weak because he implemented the "bg" images poorly, but the latest release is ALMOST perfect... He need to resize the drop down text shade to be flush with the popup box... IMHO

This was made skinnier due to the fact that the message bubbles were too far away from the border to sit flush like it does inside the messaging app. It would bother me if the flat edge was floating within the drop down, but would bother me more if they were different from the bubbles inside the app. So to me this was the only option for my personal taste. I don't think it was all that bad. I kind of like the different feel it has.

Plus i just love the edgeless bubbles. Looks so clean to me. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Reactions: Sharma15

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's the Send button issue described above:
IWZjm.jpg

I don't mind the pull down size, for what it's worth?seems natural to me either way.

Reactions: 3cit

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's the Send button issue described above:
Click to view quoted image

I don't mind the pull down size, for what it's worth?seems natural to me either way.

Massie is the shizzle!!!!

This was made skinnier due to the fact that the message bubbles were too far away from the border to sit flush like it does inside the messaging app. It would bother me if the flat edge was floating within the drop down, but would bother me more if they were different from the bubbles inside the app. So to me this was the only option for my personal taste. I don't think it was all that bad. I kind of like the different feel it has.

Plus i just love the edgeless bubbles. Looks so clean to me. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Crazy things! I never even realized the chat bubbles weren't flush with the drop down until you just pointed it out!!!!
I immediately saw the drop down wasn't flush with the qr box though!!! I love how peoples minds work so differently!!!
Maybe there's the best of both worlds somewhere in here... I'll take a look again at it too and see how my photoshop fu is....

But again, TERRIFIC bite theme!
Great great great great great!!!!!

Last edited:

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of it not being flush in the drop down, this is probably the best bite theme available. Thank you and hopefully it will only improve!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So im still working on the bubbles in bit the QC/QR drop down window as well as the actual bite app, but I did make a few additional changes today if anyone is interested...
I didn't like the default contact picture for people without contact pics... So I made a mostly transparent shadow silhouette and I altered the plist so that the QR window is the same for typing as it is when a message comes in.... Examples:
View attachment 18693
View attachment 18694

Again, to the developer, this is my favorite theme of anything ever... I'm
Just adding little Touches that i like that others Might Like as well. No offense meant.

if anyone wants these mods let me know and ill post them on up

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharma15

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Nice work! What did you change to get the QR box looking that way? Just the plist, or a background image too? Definitely interested!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just changed the plist. There are two values.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347473165.809164.jpg

qr-background-text-color
And one of the text colors there...
On the unmodified ones the background text color is ffffff and te text color is 000000

So just use the value of #00000009
For qr-background-text-color and for whichever text color isn't already, use the value of ffffff

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Would you know which option to change if i wanted to make the white background of the quick compose contact search list into a black transparent background?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Would you know which option to change if i wanted to make the white background of the quick compose contact search list into a black transparent background?

not currently, but i just might be able to find out. ive never even seen that particular dropdown!!

also i have "fixed" the bubbles for the sms send and imessage send (as well as the "pressed" buttons for each...
just save these four .png images and place them in /var/mobile/library/biteThemes/biteLiquid/ChatKit (overwrite the files)

this makes it so that the entering text box is flush with the send buttons

also ive been taking a look at the QC/QR "popup smiley box issue" too and it doesnt make any sense at all to me... it seems to me that there is nothing in the winterboard theme that would make the popup box work properly but not just work using bites own theming methods... as far as i can tell there isnt even the right image in the winterboard theme!!! bite has its own popup-bg that is the correct image, but i created that image using the black liquid color and placed it in properly and it didnt work... perhaps bite didnt add that in the theming when they updated last... im currently using winterboard and enabling each .png image one at a time, until i get the proper "smiley" popup so that i at least know what im supposed to be working with!
again. LOVE this theme! thats why im spending alot of time on it

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
LOVE this theme! thats why im spending alot of time on it

Totally understand that feeling; it's so much fun to tinker with the details when you love the whole. I'm going to try your mods for a few days and see how they go--thanks!

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a license for bitesms i use the free version. I bought the liquid theme but I can't get it to work because it says I need a license, is there a way around it?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought that if your license or trial ran out that bite became add supported... The QC / QR isn't supported in the add supports versions?

triclopz36

May 21, 2011
Visit site
So im still working on the bubbles in bit the QC/QR drop down window as well as the actual bite app, but I did make a few additional changes today if anyone is interested...
I didn't like the default contact picture for people without contact pics... So I made a mostly transparent shadow silhouette and I altered the plist so that the QR window is the same for typing as it is when a message comes in.... Examples:

Again, to the developer, this is my favorite theme of anything ever... I'm
Just adding little Touches that i like that others Might Like as well. No offense meant.

if anyone wants these mods let me know and ill post them on up

Can you please post up the contact pic you made? Not a big fan of the stock default contact pic. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711