biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It's gotta be there twice??
He did that before In the beginning with the winterboard thing!
good looking out, I'll fix it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's gotta be there twice??
He did that before In the beginning with the winterboard thing!
good looking out, I'll fix it.

Well, it was in mine twice, but I kind of suspect only the new one needs to be changes (the one in the bitesms folder) since changing the old one did nothing.

yoda284

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Blackfeet, ran into an issue!
Here's what I created to determine where to place the line on the shadow to create a separation
my7yveby.jpg

And here's what happened when i opened a new qc!
adesydys.jpg

So apparently, the shadow is "convex" in shape?

however within that giant yellow streak you can clearly see the definition between the shape of the two different fields, so its stil possible i guess,. just need to have 2 EXTREMELY FINE lines within the position of that yellow line, which is right above the center it appears.

Last edited:

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for that! That is the general idea of what I am trying to accomlish. I just haven't been able to figure out where, within the image, to place that line. I am always too high or too low. Perhaps I'll try and overlay your image above on Gimp and see how that works.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm having a lot of trouble with that shadow box?
It just seems resistant to what I want to do
I took that multicolored mess, made everything alpha except the yellow line, drew a few 1pixel thin lines in there, applied he image and ended up completely bblack again with jagged white lines around the whole of the qc field!
Maybe a better idea would be to changh the color scheme just enough that it's apparent, like a dark ash color as opposed to jet black?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I give up! I thought I was getting close, then this:
View attachment 26863

yeah i know what you mean! its antagonistic!

also i found today that if you use a different color with transparency for the box, using plist, that it becomes a more defined break, just slightly different in color

ill clean this mess of a post up in a minute, im going to eat now

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I want to change the biteSMS icon to one I found with a black theme. I renamed the file to icon@2x.png and uploaded it to the /Applications/biteSMS.app folder, then resprung. On my iPad, voila!--shiny new black icon. On my iPhone 4S, though, no such luck. I tried also replacing the icon.png file, but still no luck. The iPhone still shows the stock pink icon. Both devices were set up the same way, with the biteLiquid theme applied. Bit of a head-scratcher....

creeched

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
When you go into the BiteSMS app with Biteliquid enabled, does anything weird happen when you press "edit" on the top left? What about when you try to swipe to delete a conversation?

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Blackfeet, thanks, that did the trick. Odd that I was able to directly replace the icon on the iPad, but had to use the theme to do the same thing on the iPhone. Just when I think I have something figured out....

creeched

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
When I do either of those things the text messages turn white. Are you on an iPhone 5? I've tried turning off all my winterboard themes and that's not the problem. The messages stay white, I can respring or reapply biteliquid to make it black again.

photo-1.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711