biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, I had JUST decided to go back to the white background/black text this morning, so now I'm theming it the other way!

the dev shouldve given me credit! i know he was here before!

so the "smileys" pop up is themed? it doesnt need the winterboard part anymore?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
@3cit, or anyone, did anybody ever figure out which image is the QR image? As in, if I wanted to modify the QR "square" to some degree. which image is it?

I know we have gone down this road before, just hoping somebody has figured it out..

Thanks...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's not actually an image, it's the background! Everything else is the image over the background?
So to differentiate between the two you could use a different "black" like a charcoal ish color? Or dark gray? Something like that

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I was afraid that was the case. I was interested in trying to put a thin border around the whole thing, but...

Thanks all the same.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well i thought you just wanted a border around the part where the text box was... maybe we could edit the ENTIRE box to have a few lines in it, just at the approiate spots, but im not sure that its always the same spot... because doesnt it change depending on how much text was received?
like maybe the one called qc-shadow, maybe if we put in a couple of white lines in that... ill try it out now actually! ill keep you posted...

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I simplified my thought process down to just a border around the whole box. I gave up on the idea I was working on before - too many hours spent with no positive result = threw in the towel.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that attempt was a no go?
Did you every manage to get a border around anything Except the "send" keys?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Nope. That's what I gave up trying to do. doesn't seem to be a way to separate it out like that. I don't even remember which image, or images, I was playing with now.

smijes

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So i love this theme and everything looks great in QR/QC- but in the measages app, my message box is still white with black text, and the keyboard is still the stock kb.... Please help!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So i love this theme and everything looks great in QR/QC- but in the measages app, my message box is still white with black text, and the keyboard is still the stock kb.... Please help!

They keyboard is only themed through color keyboard. And inside the messaging app looks different because it's a different set of images?
What specifically are you looking for for design/theme within the main app?

smijes

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
They keyboard is only themed through color keyboard. And inside the messaging app looks different because it's a different set of images?
What specifically are you looking for for design/theme within the main app?

I figured out the keyboard- i would love the text input box to be black with white lettering though-

Just an opinion- id love for the message bubbles to be actual bubbles rather than attached to the sides of the screen, if you understand my meaning. GREAT theme btw!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So simple!!!
The power of bite is ASTOUNDING.
For the bubble issue all you need to do is delete three bubbles or remake three bubbles, etc?
For the text, you just need to edit the .plist?
If you read back through the thread you will see what I mean about the plist editing.
I'll post up a picture tomorrow to see if I have "your vision" correct

ALSO!!!
Blackfeet, I have a screen shot for you!!!
See the weird shadows in the background? On the top right and bottom??
I think I can, through trial and error, get a nice light strip in all the right places to separate the fields!!!
(pic in next post since I'm tapatalking)

smijes

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So simple!!!
The power of bite is ASTOUNDING.
For the bubble issue all you need to do is delete three bubbles or remake three bubbles, etc?
For the text, you just need to edit the .plist?
If you read back through the thread you will see what I mean about the plist editing.
I'll post up a picture tomorrow to see if I have "your vision" correct

Thanks so much! You are very helpful!!! I usually edit plists right in ifile- but not 100% sure about how to edit the chat bubbles- ill play woth that tomorrow after work....

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much! You are very helpful!!! I usually edit plists right in ifile- but not 100% sure about how to edit the chat bubbles- ill play woth that tomorrow after work....

ok so from ifile, it should start you in /var/mobile/ from there choose library, so now your in /var/mobile/library/ from there select bite themes
so no we are in
var/mobile/library/bitethemes/ select bite liquid then from there chatkit
you will end up in
var/mobile/library/bitethemes/bite liquid/chatkit
from there you need to find three files
Balloon_1@2x.png
Balloon_2@2x.png
Balloon_Blue@2x.png
those are the chat bubbles
baloon1 = green outgoing
baloon2 = white incoming
baloon blue = blue outgoing
you can either delete them, or even better just rename them by adding an x to the very end or very beginnig
like Balloon_1@2x.pngx
or xBalloon_1@2x.png
then open bite, go to settings, themes, and apply theme
when you go back you will have normal chat ballons instead of the "tubes"

again, you want the text field, next to where it says send, you want that black, with white text?
photo.PNG
that part?