Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  
    x.D
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Here's the Send button issue described above:
    Click to view quoted image

I don't mind the pull down size, for what it's worthseems natural to me either way.
    Ahhhh I see. I'll fix that soon. Thanks for the heads up. I use the theme myself and i never noticed that. lol
    Thanked by:
    3cit (09-08-2012)
    3cit likes this.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Here's the Send button issue described above:
    Click to view quoted image

I don't mind the pull down size, for what it's worthseems natural to me either way.
    Massie is the shizzle!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by x.D View Post

This was made skinnier due to the fact that the message bubbles were too far away from the border to sit flush like it does inside the messaging app. It would bother me if the flat edge was floating within the drop down, but would bother me more if they were different from the bubbles inside the app. So to me this was the only option for my personal taste. I don't think it was all that bad. I kind of like the different feel it has.

Plus i just love the edgeless bubbles. Looks so clean to me. (:

Thanks for the kind words guys.
    Crazy things! I never even realized the chat bubbles weren't flush with the drop down until you just pointed it out!!!!
    I immediately saw the drop down wasn't flush with the qr box though!!! I love how peoples minds work so differently!!!
    Maybe there's the best of both worlds somewhere in here... I'll take a look again at it too and see how my photoshop fu is....

But again, TERRIFIC bite theme!
    Great great great great great!!!!!
    Last edited by 3cit; 09-08-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Regardless of it not being flush in the drop down, this is probably the best bite theme available. Thank you and hopefully it will only improve!
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

So im still working on the bubbles in bit the QC/QR drop down window as well as the actual bite app, but I did make a few additional changes today if anyone is interested...
    I didn't like the default contact picture for people without contact pics... So I made a mostly transparent shadow silhouette and I altered the plist so that the QR window is the same for typing as it is when a message comes in.... Examples:
    biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347427903.242827.jpg
    biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347427929.084778.jpg

Again, to the developer, this is my favorite theme of anything ever... I'm
    Just adding little Touches that i like that others Might Like as well. No offense meant.

if anyone wants these mods let me know and ill post them on up
    Last edited by 3cit; 09-12-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Sharma15 (09-12-2012)
    Sharma15 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Nice work! What did you change to get the QR box looking that way? Just the plist, or a background image too? Definitely interested!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I also love the black chat and white font. Great work!!
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Just changed the plist. There are two values.
    biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347473165.809164.jpg

qr-background-text-color
    And one of the text colors there...
    On the unmodified ones the background text color is ffffff and te text color is 000000

So just use the value of #00000009
    For qr-background-text-color and for whichever text color isn't already, use the value of ffffff
    Sharma15 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Would you know which option to change if i wanted to make the white background of the quick compose contact search list into a black transparent background?
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Sharma15 View Post
    Would you know which option to change if i wanted to make the white background of the quick compose contact search list into a black transparent background?
    not currently, but i just might be able to find out. ive never even seen that particular dropdown!!

also i have "fixed" the bubbles for the sms send and imessage send (as well as the "pressed" buttons for each...
    just save these four .png images and place them in /var/mobile/library/biteThemes/biteLiquid/ChatKit (overwrite the files)

this makes it so that the entering text box is flush with the send buttons

also ive been taking a look at the QC/QR "popup smiley box issue" too and it doesnt make any sense at all to me... it seems to me that there is nothing in the winterboard theme that would make the popup box work properly but not just work using bites own theming methods... as far as i can tell there isnt even the right image in the winterboard theme!!! bite has its own popup-bg that is the correct image, but i created that image using the black liquid color and placed it in properly and it didnt work... perhaps bite didnt add that in the theming when they updated last... im currently using winterboard and enabling each .png image one at a time, until i get the proper "smiley" popup so that i at least know what im supposed to be working with!
    again. LOVE this theme! thats why im spending alot of time on it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-sendbutton-2x.png   biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-sendbuttongreen-2x.png   biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-sendbuttonpressed-2x.png   biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-sendbuttonpressedgreen-2x.png  
    Last edited by 3cit; 09-12-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    LOVE this theme! thats why im spending alot of time on it
    Totally understand that feeling; it's so much fun to tinker with the details when you love the whole. I'm going to try your mods for a few days and see how they go--thanks!
    iPhone Beginner

I don't have a license for bitesms i use the free version. I bought the liquid theme but I can't get it to work because it says I need a license, is there a way around it?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Manzanas View Post
    I don't have a license for bitesms i use the free version. I bought the liquid theme but I can't get it to work because it says I need a license, is there a way around it?
    No you need the official version to use themes.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

I thought that if your license or trial ran out that bite became add supported... The QC / QR isn't supported in the add supports versions?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    So im still working on the bubbles in bit the QC/QR drop down window as well as the actual bite app, but I did make a few additional changes today if anyone is interested...
    I didn't like the default contact picture for people without contact pics... So I made a mostly transparent shadow silhouette and I altered the plist so that the QR window is the same for typing as it is when a message comes in.... Examples:

Again, to the developer, this is my favorite theme of anything ever... I'm
    Just adding little Touches that i like that others Might Like as well. No offense meant.

if anyone wants these mods let me know and ill post them on up
    Can you please post up the contact pic you made? Not a big fan of the stock default contact pic. Thanks.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme

Quote Originally Posted by ev36 View Post
    Can you please post up the contact pic you made? Not a big fan of the stock default contact pic. Thanks.

see post #2 in this thread now, its all my "fixes"
    Last edited by 3cit; 11-01-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Thanked by:
    triclopz36 (11-01-2012)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Just purchased this after watching the development a couple of months ago, then forgot about it when work got in the way (don't you hate it when that happens?). One thing, or first impression if you will, is the the transparent QR is not as effective if your background wallpaper is not dark. Anyway to kill the transparency?

Other than that, I agree that this just might be the best Bite theme.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I believe if you mess around in the plist files you can set a certain transparency/colour for that but I wouldn't advise it of you don't know what you're doing.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfeet View Post
    Just purchased this after watching the development a couple of months ago, then forgot about it when work got in the way (don't you hate it when that happens?). One thing, or first impression if you will, is the the transparent QR is not as effective if your background wallpaper is not dark. Anyway to kill the transparency?

Other than that, I agree that this just might be the best Bite theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharma15 View Post
    I believe if you mess around in the plist files you can set a certain transparency/colour for that but I wouldn't advise it of you don't know what you're doing.
    Absolutely correct! AND EASY!
    biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352013180.483368.jpg
    var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid/info.plist
    The "qr-background-color" is #00000009 and the first six is hex code for black, the next two is opacity level... So just delete the last two and there will be a lack of transparency, or 10 for complete opacity, or if you want it even more transparent, (which YOU don't, but others might) try any value from 01-09
    Last edited by 3cit; 11-04-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Blackfeet (11-04-2012), Sharma15 (11-04-2012)
    Sharma15 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

THANK YOU! You were correct, once I knew what I was looking for, it was extremely easy.

Now my QR is just what I need it to be.

And, what app is in that screen shot. I had to save the file to Dropbox, edit in Notepad, resave to Dropbox, then overwrite the original file with iFile. There has to be an easier way to do this...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You can edit it directly from within iFile itself (as in the screenshot).
    Thanked by:
    Blackfeet (11-04-2012)
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

You can edit it directly from within iFile itself (as in the screenshot).
    yeah ifile, which to me is a MUST HAVE on any jailbroken device.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

Boy, have I been doing this the hard way! Thanks Massie! Wow....

OK - one more question as I get into the a little more. What is the field to change the balloon colors. I don't mind leaving iMessages blue, but I'd really like to play around with the white field/black text to a black field or dark gray with white text. I might even want to play around with button colors.

Note for the developer = please do not be offended if I am playing around with BiteLiquid. It is clearly the best, cleanest, Bite theme released, and well worth the purchase. I am, more than anything else, trying to learn how all this fits together with the intent to someday create a custom theme for myself. Not sure I can do any better, but I love tinkering... Thanks...
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfeet View Post
    OK - one more question as I get into the a little more. What is the field to change the balloon colors. I don't mind leaving iMessages blue, but I'd really like to play around with the white field/black text to a black field or dark gray with white text. I might even want to play around with button colors.
    In that same info plist there is are the names if the balloons and the buttons. You should look up a hex color chart, then you can play with the TEXT COLORS INSIDE THE button.
    However to change the actual colors of the buttons you need to pull the images off your phone, and edit them with a program (like photoshop or GIMP). Then you need to save them and re-inject them back into your phone.
    It's actually a lot easier than that all sounds!!!
    Especially if you use ifunbox, you can connect your phone, open the file explorer, navigate tithe otter folder, click and drag onto your desktop, then open the file with your graphic imaging program and edit to your hearts content.... When finished drag back into the file explorer and it will automatically overwrite, then you just go to bite, settings, themes, select a different theme, then select bite liquid, then apply theme and see if you are happy with results. If so great! You're done! If not, edit it some more!!!!
    For safety reasons you should always keep a "clean" backup of all .png files you are going to work on to make sure you can have the original...
    What i do, is once I copy the file into my computer, using ifunbox I rename the .png file i just copies to .pngX
    That way the original file is there, but will not get overwritten, or used because it is an unknown Ike extension type!
    Good luck theming! Im sure people here will be happy to see your efforts!
    So post results!
    Last edited by 3cit; 11-04-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 e1.5

OK - I downloaded ifunbox, and it seems pretty straight forward. I do not, however, know which images I am looking for. To keep it simple, for learning purposes, which ones are responsible for the conversation bubbles? I was hoping there would be images labeled BLUE CONVO BUBBLE, WHITE CONVO BUBBLE, etc., but that would have been too easy.

Thanks for the help!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    iOS Version

BLiNK - what does your lockscreen consist of? Looks great!!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast