Problems getting pictures off iPhone 3

Newf7

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
My friend has a jailbroken iPhone 3 and at one point in time, he ended up creating a new folder where all his photos are stored in. When we go to the "photos" icon on the iPhone, there's the "Camera Roll" and a "New Folder". All his pictures are located in the "New Folder" and we have no way to access them to transfer them from the phone to the computer.

Anybody know how we could access them to transfer them from the phone to the computer? I've tried using the whole Winscp thing to go into the iPhone itself through the wireless connection, but was unable to find the folder from there. I've searched up on the suggested directories to go to, to find the photos folder, but in that "100Apple" folder, there was nothing there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

synaesthee

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
The 100APPLE folder will just be what's in your camera roll, but not what's been synced to the phone. It sounds like you're trying to extract photos that have previously been synced to the phone from a computer. Those are stored in a different location. Try this one:

/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/Sync/100SYNCD

On my phone, that's where they appear to be. Let me know if that's correct.

Newf7

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
From the var/mobile/media/photodata - only directories after that are 100apple, Misc, and videos. 3 other files in there are com.apple.photos.caches_metadata.plist photos.sqlite and photosaux.sqlite
Also, when I choose the var directory at the beginning, it automatically goes to /private/var/ directory.

synaesthee

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay, the /private/var thing should be just fine, either path should get you there. Hmmm. Lemme test something on my phone for a bit to see if I can replicate this for you. They must be stored SOMEWHERE. Perhaps in the time it takes me to figure that out, somebody else may know the answer.

synaesthee

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh, what version of iOS is this?

Also, I found something in a different thread at
http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4-forum/183386-can-someone-tell-me-where-photos-stored-iphone-2.html
"
The address of sync'd photos on the iphone is;

/var/mobile/media/photos/thumbs

there you will find folders containing the sync'd photos BUT of course they are randomised in much the same way your music is so you will find sub folders with numbers such as;

F00 F01 F02 F03 etc

and then each picture file with the folder will be titled with some random letters such as;

AYFH.jpg CZUF.jpg FRCP.jpg etc

The problem with this is that you can't create a new folder or move pictures about without the ability to edit the "Photo Database" which keeps track of all the F00 folders and the AYFH.jpgs within, ensuring they all go to their appropriate parent folder when viewed via the camera roll. Why on earth anyone would take the time to make the file system like this is beyond me but I am sure someone at crApple asked Steve Jobsworth abouth this and got told to f##k off.
"

Apparently, your phone is different than mine in how it stores those photos. Have you already tried looking here?

Last edited:

Newf7

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I think that might have solved it. Seeing if all the items transfer to the computer now. If so, thank you so much, appreciate the help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox