Share your iPhone 4 Stable Jailbreak Configurations!

synaesthee

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My Jailbreak:

-iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, Jailbroken with Absinthe 2.0.4 in Snow Leopard. Didn't do a clean restore, just broke it how it was and it went swimmingly with no lost data. My phone's AT&T account is deactivated, and I primarily just use it as an iPod touch. I did not disable any phone features, and jailbreaking it did not cause a need to reactivate the phone.

-Siriport.ru, full Siri capability. Are you kidding me? This is awesome! I just hope it continues to work and Apple doesn't either shut it down or start doing something about it.

-CustomSiriBackground (found a really cool one for it, too!)

-OpenSSH, changed root password

-Followed online guides to remove unneeded launch daemons. Lots of freed RAM and speed overall. This is HIGHLY recommended, just be careful with it. This is the biggest thing you can do to speed up your device.

-FakeClockUp, 2.5 x animation speed. Makes the phone feel like a speed demon.

-SBSettings, in Notification Center, disabled normal drop-down.

-Activator Settings. My sleep and home buttons are getting worn out, so I configured it to take some load off of them:
-Two finger swipe from top for lock
-One finger swipe from bottom for multitask menu
-Click both volume buttons for Siri (the only Activator functions that work for Siri seem to need physical buttons involved. Example: couldn't get it to launch by sliding on the statusbar).
-Double-tap clock on lock screen for flashlight (Springflash required)

-Barrel (cool home screen icon swipe effects).

-Unfold (to unlock).

-Send Any and Receive Any (send/receive any files via MMS).

-iFile & MobileTerminal (necessities).

-Action Menu appears to have installed along with something, but I don't know what. I ain't even mad.

-iCleaner, removed extra language packs and cleaned up files.

Overall, this made for a very fast, stable, cool-looking system without bogging the phone down at all. Actually, despite the flashy extras, my phone is still faster than it was before the jailbreak. Note the lack of Winterboard. Takes up memory and causes problems for me, usually. After a reboot with all apps closed, I have 247 MB of RAM available. 314 if I run a "free memory" from SBSettings.

After all of this, I have had TWO, yes, TWO issues so far. The Fark Not News app from the App Store hangs every once in a while when loading web pages. I'm not even sure it has anything to do with anything.

The real issue is, in Cydia, when installing/updating packages, you know how there's that window that opens that shows you the installation progress? That window is now blank while Cydia is working. Everything still works/installs fine, I just have to sit and trust it for awhile before it gives me the "close" button. A bit annoying, but at least it works. Still trying to figure that one out. May not even be a software issue. If anybody knows how to fix that, please let me know.

synaesthee

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh and the Cydia issue cleared up in its own. Must've been a headers issue or something. I have noticed a couple more issues, though. They all seem to be related to using apps that display web pages (like Facebook, Fark, news apps, etc). Something intermittently causes them to hang when loading certain web pages. I'm thinking there's a problem with rendering certain content, but I haven't identified it yet. This does not happen in Safari, though. Just apps that use Safari's rendering.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711