What is the most stable iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak?

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I have used Sn0wBreeze, Absinthe 2.0.4, and RedSn0w latest version in the search of the most stable jailbreak. What would you suggest for a Jailbreak? Because I am needing a (decently) Stable one.

And when I say stable, I am this stable -

1) Doesn't crash randomly when using apps.
2) Doesn't respring for no random reason.

That's basically what I am experiencing and I was wondering if there was a solution for this!

Thanks,
NetworkLabs

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
This isn't a iPhone. It's a iPod touch 4g. And I have already done it multiple times, I just wanna know the most stable jailbreak program.

synaesthee

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I just jailbroke a couple of iPhones with 5.1.1 using Absinthe on the Mac. Both went very smoothly. The first phone I did it on actually failed the first time, but there was a cool thing about that. I unplugged the phone, plugged it back in, and Absinthe un-did what it was working on and just tried again, and it worked. That right there shows me that the method they use is pretty awesome. Both times, the phones didn't need to be restored as new and there weren't any issues with the jailbreak other than that. There was no need to put the phone into DFU mode or anything, either. I like it.

As far as AFTER the jailbreak, both phones haven't really had any issues so far. No re-springing all weird, and no crashing apps. The thing about that, though, is that with all the breaking methods I've tried, none of them simply caused issues by jailbreaking the phone. It's what you install AFTER the jailbreak that seems to be the root of problems for the most part.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
IAs far as AFTER the jailbreak, both phones haven't really had any issues so far. No re-springing all weird, and no crashing apps. The thing about that, though, is that with all the breaking methods I've tried, none of them simply caused issues by jailbreaking the phone. It's what you install AFTER the jailbreak that seems to be the root of problems for the most part.

it's nice to see that some people actually get this

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I didn't think about that. I mean, that's why Apple must approve the apps that go into there store! That's so they can make sure it won't effect the performance of there Operating System! Doh! Why didn't I think of that!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
im unsure as to whether or not this is sarcastic...
so im going to go a couple of ways with this...
a jailbreak is a jailbreak is a jailbreak, they all do the same thing. as i have not used snowbreeze since i jailbroke my itouch when it was on 4.3.3 im going to stay away from talking about that, however, i first jailbroke 5.1.1 with absinthe and found it to be the easiest jailbreak i had ever done, a dwonload, and extraction, and a mouse click and i was jailbroken in 7 minutes, which was far easier than my 5.0 jailbreak with redsnow which included the dfu mode... HOWEVER after restoring as new and jailbreaking 5.1.1 again, this time using redsnow, it again was just a mouse click.
so for me its a wash, and as previously stated there is NOTHING unstable at all about a jailbreak, its the programs and tweaks that are installed afterwards.
and to networklabs... are you serious or just playing?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well then, there is not a "more stable" jailbreak than the rest.
ios isnt an android system, you arent creating or running custom roms. its still iOS, just with cydia installed to handle the installation of unauthorized applications.
also, perhaps you should build your knowledge before continuing down your overly ambitious "siri programming" path

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
That's why I ask people to help me. I know I cannot do the Siri Response Engine all by myself. I need someone that has experience. And since my neighbor is always working and doesn't care for Siri, he doesn't help me. So, that's why I even posted that thread in the first place.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree that all jailbreaks are equal. I've used Sn0wbreeze, RedSn0w and Absinthe in the last three months on about half a dozen iPhones. They all work perfectly well (except downgrading iPad Baseband with RedSn0w which was certainly the worst decision I ever made), and I don't see how there could be any difference ONCE the jailbreak has taken effect : all 5.1.1 untethered jailbreaks install Rocky Raccoon, just injecting it differently. FWII...

The existence of so many tools is not because people thought another jailbreak could be "better", but because of options they give that others don't, and of course the systems they're compatible with. Can't use Sn0wbreeze on Mac, you have to use PWNage Tool or something. Sn0wbreeze is cool when you need to hacktivate, it allows for custom installation and even changing root partition size - which the OP could find useful, perhaps, in regard of what he's on at the moment. And then RedSn0w is great too, it just allows to do pretty much anything a jailbroken user could need to do depending on the device he's using, and the situation he's facing. And then Absinthe, which doesn't give any option, but allows for a simple jailbreak, and also to jailbreak devices (A5) the other programs can't do.

I think that, if I'd have to really make a statement on those three tools, I'd say any one tool that doesn't need PWN DFU and restoring with iTunes (and all those errors it can sometimes generate) is better. For the future, those are the tools that'll stay, seeing that all the newer devices can't be PWN and restored with iTunes, and I don't think it will become easier for devs to overcome this obstacle. But as long as there will be 3GS and 4 and iPod touch jailbreakers out there, the other tools will retain their purpose, and IF an exploit in low level DFU is found for A5 + chips, they will remain just as widely used.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal