Attention all Jailbreakers! Read this if you have Siri on a older device!

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Note - First off, I would like to state that isn't spam. This is a Project I want to do. I got banned from a forum for possibly "spamming" this content when all I did was post it once and waited. Now is that spam? Second off, I am not posting advertisement links or anything. Third, I am not advertising a Company or anything. I simply want to help improve the SiriServerCore that was made by Eichhorenchen so we can actually USE Siri on older devices. So please, don't delete this post! I want to improve something awesome. Not come back in a hour and learn I got "deleted" or "banned".

ATTENTION ALL JAILBREAKERS WITH SIRI!

If you have a non-4S/iPad 3 device and have Siri Installed, there might be some good news soon!

If you haven't noticed, a guy named Eichhorenchen has orignally developed a program called SiriServerCore. This program made use of the Google Speech-To-Text API and ran a Simple Server off your computer to use Siri. Google did most of the work while SiriServer took the Voice, translated it in to a readable format for Google, and sent it to Google. After Google translated it into text, the SiriServer took the text and then sent it to the Plugins. If a plugin matched, that plugin was used. The only problem is that there isn't hardly any good plugins out there that we can get our hands onto! Now, this is where I come in. I would like to develop a Ultimate Plugin that will use SiriServerCore and make legit Siri for everyone! Now, the only problems -

1) I am 14, if this matters. (Don't doubt me though, I know alot!)
2) I don't have any experience in SQL or Python. (Although I am beginning to teach myself some Python!)
3) Without better advisement and Programming knowledge, this cannot become true!

And with thoses problems, we cannot continue. Basically, what I am asking is for advisors and testers for the code I am writing. And esspecially help on MySQL! I will provide everything neccessary for I have the tools. And I will give access to my SiriServerCore to people who are willing to help me develop this and test the product!

Now, my only fear is that this will be rejected and will never continue. I hope this will not come true, for I want to have a Siri that is better than Apple's Siri! So please, if you only want to test the product, then send me a email at gavinreininger@hotmail.com !

Additional Information -
Only Beta Testers will have access to the server. If you want to Develop and test, that is allowed.
I will NOT post the Website address on theses forums unless you want to help develop this project.
If you approve of this, please post below! You don't even have to join, just post what you think!

Thanks,
NetworkLabs

PS -
Just because you join doesn't mean this project is going to start right away. I still got to determine some things. I just want to see if the community would approve or reject this!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i think IF you are willing to interact with the members here it might help your case of not spamming, otherwise you'll be just like the rest

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
And I am willing to react with other members! This is just part of an idea. I didn't join the other forum to just post this and leave! I want to help others and get help on things also.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
so lemme see if i have this right... we install spire, then we install siri server core, then when we use spire, it will redirect our voice to a google speech to text server, then will take that text and send it to one of the search engines that apple uses to dole out its siri responses, which will then be sent to the google text to speech machine, or something similar and give us the same result siri would have given us if we had a 4s or ipad3?
is that the general idea here?

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Close. Basically, your right until the part of it sends the requests to Apple. That's illegal! So we have to make plugins that will handle the request. So basically, this is the process more detailed -

You use Spire. Then Siri connects to SiriServerCore. SiriServerCore sends the voice data to Google Speech to Text. Google sends the data back to SiriServerCore with the voice translated into Text. SiriServerCore then takes the data and looks at the listed plugins. If a plugin processes the response, the plugin will return the answer if necessary! If there is no plugin, SiriServerCore will tell Siri that it doesn't understand what you said.

That's basically the process.

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Plugins are what take the voice and make's a response depending on what the plugin determines. Basically, it's what makes Siri respond to your question.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
you want to use "google s" from the galaxy and nexus series on an iphone.
why do you want to try and make it look like siri...
you should take your ambition over to the guys making "sara" and evi

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
No no! I don't think you understand! Some guy created this Program called SiriServerCore which sends data to Google for Speech Translation! Nothing else! I didn't create this, I just want to improve it!

(For the name of the person, please refer to first post!)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i cannot get my head around this....

why do you need spire?

you are attempting something completely seperate from siri, spire is specifically for siri

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
SiriServerCore is what powers Siri! Spire is designed to where you can point your IP to a SiriServer. This SiriServerCore is what we're pointing Spire to. The reason we point Spire to the SiriServerCore is so there's something to process your Siri requests. But in order for SiriServerCore to process your requests, you must have Plugins. I don't understand why your not getting this. It's pretty simple. =/

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
because you arent using anything apple. you are using google.
its not siri at all.
you dont need to install spire, to point something to siriservercore....
you and your helpers need to develop a new gui and skip the whole siri, spire crap

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Why do that? We already have a perfectly working GUI!
1) We can use Ac1d Siri for SiriServerCore
2) I don't have a Mac so I do I develop a new Siri?

And that's why we use a already made GUI, yet, we modify the Response Engine. It's simple as that.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
no, my final opinion has been formulated...
what your making isnt siri and it shouldnt use spire
or any other siri implementation

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2