Ok...one more time...

stonecutter59

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading about jailbreaking and all the benefits of it. So, I tried it using Absinthe following all the directions. Yes, I made a back up and reset the phone before. Made sure I was the admin on the computer. I do remember seeing the cydia icon after it jailbroke, but either I clicked it (which I don't remember doing) or it just disappeared. Anyway, when I loaded the back up from Itunes, I didn't get everything back. Like the phone dialer icon was gone. The Settings icon, gone. What good is a phone if I couldn't dial some one on it. I could receive calls though. Other things were missing. Tried loading the back up again and it got worse! Basically, I bricked the phone and had to reload, so I got it back to factory.
I have an Iphone 4, software version 5.1.1, I have windows xp operating system. I'm a little skeptical about trying again, but if I get some help, I'll try again

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i remember there being an issue with some people having to restore their device as new (no backup) - jailbreak with Absinthe - then load backup

i would give that a try and IF that does not work out you can always restore to your original backup (stock)

stonecutter59

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
is it vital to "run as administrator". It asks me for a password when I do. I have no password to this computer and I am the administrator according to the control panel.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it may have something to do with it. kind of odd that it still let you jailbreak - maybe try another computer

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
or try redsnow, thats a very viable alternative to absinthe.
its as easy as absinthe now with just a few clicks after dfu mode

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro