Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 3cit
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Cydia won't load fully over home WiFi

I have a bit of a weird situation here:

My iPad (3rd gen) works fine on either wifi or cellular for all apps. However, when I load Cydia, if I'm on my home WiFi, Cydia will never fully load. I get spinning wheels, timeouts, and blank screens. I have to turn WiFi off and then it works flawlessly over cellular. This only happens on my home WiFi - anywhere else, Cydia loads like a champ.

The strange thing is that I don't have this issue with my iPhone, which is on the same network (obviously), same firmware (5.1.1), same JB version, etc. Cydia loads perfectly. I just don't get it - am I missing something obvious? I didn't have this issue with my iPad 2 (WiFi only), but I have with both of my new iPads (4G).
    Reminding people that "your" "you're"...

Habitual Line-Stepper since 1979

"Victory has 100 fathers... Defeat is an orphan." - John F. Kennedy
    iPhone Nanite

I have the same problem in the past, try changing your dns. I'm using google dns service.
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuGrip View Post
    I have a bit of a weird situation here:

My iPad (3rd gen) works fine on either wifi or cellular for all apps. However, when I load Cydia, if I'm on my home WiFi, Cydia will never fully load. I get spinning wheels, timeouts, and blank screens. I have to turn WiFi off and then it works flawlessly over cellular. This only happens on my home WiFi - anywhere else, Cydia loads like a champ.

The strange thing is that I don't have this issue with my iPhone, which is on the same network (obviously), same firmware (5.1.1), same JB version, etc. Cydia loads perfectly. I just don't get it - am I missing something obvious? I didn't have this issue with my iPad 2 (WiFi only), but I have with both of my new iPads (4G).
    That is weird. The first thing that I would try is restoring and re jailbreaking because if it's just Cydia, then it might be something to do with the jailbreak or something has gone weird because of something that you have installed, like a tweak or something. Has it always been like that since you jailbroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Do you have different repositories on each device? I'll bet you have at least one additional one on your iPad that is causing this mess
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by 1982ollie View Post
    That is weird. The first thing that I would try is restoring and re jailbreaking because if it's just Cydia, then it might be something to do with the jailbreak or something has gone weird because of something that you have installed, like a tweak or something. Has it always been like that since you jailbroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can just reinstall Cydia without the restore/rejailbreak.
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
    You can just reinstall Cydia without the restore/rejailbreak.
    Good point! But I would do the whole process while I'm there.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

I hate when op's disappear!! Where's the resolution here! It's like a show being cancelled mid season in the middle of a plot line...
    sherlock likes this.
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    I hate when op's disappear!! Where's the resolution here! It's like a show being cancelled mid season in the middle of a plot line...
    Guess they figured it out?

/agree

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Am I missing something here guys?

iMore Elite

iOS Version

We all are! Nobody knows why king fu's Cydia won't load!! And he has disappeared... I think we have the sequel To tron here... "Tron iOS"
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    We all are! Nobody knows why king fu's Cydia won't load!! And he has disappeared... I think we have the sequel To tron here... "Tron iOS"
    Arr, lol. I see.