Texting app?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in the 4S forum, but it may be better here:

I am still trying to learn IOS, as I came from Android. My question is: is there a way to change the background to black, and text to white on the stock texting app? My eyes are not good anymore, and that color combo sure helps. If not, and I jailbreak, are there any JB apps that do this?
Also, if I jailbreak, which one is best to use, Redsnow or Absinthe?

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
There is an invert color feature under settings ->general->accessibility that should do that for most stock apps. Bitesms lets you theme it, so that would also be an option (free with ads).

Redsnow and absinthe do about the same, but if you have a 4s I believe you still must use absinthe.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreak your phone, then buy BiteSMS. Well worth the cost and one of the latest releases allows for themes. Several theme creators are working on just that sort of color combination. I have the same issues (age makes us all equals!) and BiteSMS has largely solved it for me.

They have a lengthy trial, I think it was two weeks or so, but I am pretty sure you'll buy it when it's over.

Hope this helps...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Plus bitesms will still work with ads do you don't even have to purchase it for ten bucks, but you should, because it's AWESOME