Nitrous Tweak

jayman30

Oct 28, 2008
www.iphonedownlow.com
Anybody try out the new $1 Nitrous tweak in Cydia. Supposed to enable Nitro JavaScript engine on many apps like facebook, twitter, flipboard and chrome and boost performance a lot.

Anyone try it yet?

jayman30

Oct 28, 2008
www.iphonedownlow.com
Well, I just went ahead and bought it--figured I would just be out a buck if it didn't work. Made a huge diff in Chrome's Sunspider scores- 4X faster overall! Apps like Facebook, CNN and Flipboard seem to be loading content noticeably faster. Haven't found any downsides so far.

Will report back any crashes/problems.

Reactions: 3cit

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought it the MINUTE I read the description and loved it. Version 1.0.1 was causing me to respring into safemode, but the support from the developer was amazing! He emailed me beta deb files, took my crash logs, even offered me a refund with no problem. I decided to stick it out and waited for an update, took him a couple of hours to push it through and my phone works fine now. Have no complaints and facebook loads content lag free. Chrome as well.

THIS TWEAK IS WORTH THE BUCK YOU SPEND, HONESTLY!

jayman30

Oct 28, 2008
www.iphonedownlow.com
but how is safari tho? i do not care about any other browser

This cannot be used with Safari. Safari has the Nitro JavaScript engine built in, but iOS does not make Nitro available to 3rd party apps that pull html5 content like Facebook.app and many others. This Nitrous tweak does and as a result it gives those apps a noticible speed boost by granting them access to Safari's MUCH faster JavaScript Engine. :D

Reactions: BLiNK

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought it for use with my other programs (facebook, etc) since I use a lot of apps that access the web. It works well. There is a distinct difference that i've seen in performance so I can't complain.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought it as soon as I heard about it and there is quite a noticeable difference. Facebook still doesn't seem to be as fast as safari, but it still is significantly faster.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2