Moving jailbreak from iPhone 4 to 4S

Grievy

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I am changing from a iPhone 4 to 4S on Friday.

What is the best way to go about moving my jailbreak apps and settings to the 4S?

There must be a simpler way than having to download everything again?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not really. Jb the new phone and restore your backup for data/settings, open Cydia, use Manage Account to redownload all your purchased apps. Free apps/tweaks will not be on that list so you might want to take note of what you have installed now so you can add them back later.

There ARE apps that backup Cydia packages (aptbackup, pkgbackup, etc) but they aren't always that reliable. Try those if you can't bear the thought of redownloading things.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Which procedure? If the first, same as the first jb. If the second, just read the instructions for the backup app. Or google it.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
APT backup has worked for me on several occasions - as much with a 3GS as with a 4, and with my new 4S. I just transfered 4 to 4S a couple days ago and it took me ten minutes to get everything like before. It even keeps a certain track on layout and some settings. You'll have some job to do, but everything will be there. SB settings still had all my toggles in the same order I had them set, Winterboard held all my used themes checked and in the right order, Springtomize kept its settings too. Bytafont still had my fonts but I had to set them back again. I had to hide a couple of icons again (activator, remove BG) with SBsettings. Longest part was to set up my folders to what they were, half of the apps were just scattered across the springboard... But Multicon Mover made it quite easy.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2