Should I jailbreak

Lozenger19

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3GS. I've had it since the day of release and had NO problems with it. I've heard lots of people talking about jail breaking phones and was wondering if it is necessary and if I should do the same thing with my iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdod

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Are there features you need that you can't get with a stock device?

I just got a 4S 3 weeks ago, when I learned that I could not have unique email signatures for each email account, it was either take the phone back and get something else, or jailbreak it. I use the same phone for 2 business accounts (different businesses) and a personal account, plus a couple specialized accounts. They all need unique email signatures. This was a must, had to jailbreak or give the phone back.

Honestly, I can't believe Apple can't make a more sophisticated mail app than that, they forced jailbreak on me.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Necessary? No not really. Preferable? Absolutely at least for many people.

All depends on what you want from your device.

Lozenger19

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Are there features you need that you can't get with a stock device?

I just got a 4S 3 weeks ago, when I learned that I could not have unique email signatures for each email account, it was either take the phone back and get something else, or jailbreak it. I use the same phone for 2 business accounts (different businesses) and a personal account, plus a couple specialized accounts. They all need unique email signatures. This was a must, had to jailbreak or give the phone back.

Honestly, I can't believe Apple can't make a more sophisticated mail app than that, they forced jailbreak on me.

Really!!!

I have 4 different mail accounts on my iPhone. Each account has their own unique signature

jdod

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Really!!!

I have 4 different mail accounts on my iPhone. Each account has their own unique signature

Was this done without jailbreaking? If so, I missed that all together and found lots of discussion about that you could only have one sig.

How did you do it?

Lozenger19

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Was this done without jailbreaking? If so, I missed that all together and found lots of discussion about that you could only have one sig.

How did you do it?

Yes this was done with out jailbreaking!
I didn't do any thing apart from logged onto my e-mail settings and edited the signature on each individual account

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm just editing the settings for each of my e-mail accounts. Maybe it can only be done on the 3/ 3G/ 3GS without jailbreaking

odd. which OS are you running.. and maybe a screenshot of your email settings where it allows you to edit signatures?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro