help downgrading pls.

DasSanchezz

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Help downgrading pls.

got iphone 4 jailbroken 5.0.1, i want to downgrade to 4.X.X because its just so much better... so how do i do it lol?
i got shsh blobs for 4.2.1, 4.3, 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1
i jailbroke it a year ago but i forgot how this stuff works and im too lazy to find out again... also because it just caused alot of pain since the jailbreak for ios 5 wasnt released and it wouldnt work without it because im an idot...
whats the best way to do this?:confused:

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my suggestion is going to the TinyUmbrella site and downloading the appropriate TU software. look into their FAQ section or just simply use google on how to do it with TinyUmbrella

if my memory serves me right 4.2.1 was amazing on battery performance so IF you have the option i would start there

good luck!

DasSanchezz

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
faq doesnt help. my problem is that i dont know if i can downgrade straight to 4.X.X or need to take extra steps and anyway where do i get the firmware and how do i restore to it? i tried ifaith which i assume is pretty much the same as sn0wbreeze, it came up with a error when downloading/building(i cant remember which one) IPSW 4.3.3. the error was something about the wrong type of device i think, im gonna try again and report back.

Edit: also i do have tinyumbrella and i saved the shsh blobs to build an IPSW in ifaith.

Edit2:i have tried ifaith again, this time i tried building 4.2.1 and since i dont have any of the IPSW on my pc i choose the "download it for me" option and it gives me this error half way through - "invalid 4.2.1 (8C148) IPSW for the iPhone 4! MD5: (...random numbers and letters...shsh blob maybe?...)"

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2