Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts

Default ClockWind

If anyone of you guys have a slow device, try out this tweak. My 4S has never been slow but I downloaded this out f curiosity and it's intense! I haven't even put it on the fastest setting and Facebook app refreshes in 2 seconds. Highly recommend on older devices!

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts

I saw that in Cydia and wondered. Then I thought to myself do I really want my phone to be faster? Nah, it's already ahead of me most of the time any how...
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Just installed this tweak, cranked it up and WOW! My iPhone 4 is blazing fast! Going to test over the next few days and see how it effects battery life. So far I definatly recommend this tweak!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,069 Global Posts

I've been using FakeClockup for ages without noticing any battery hitI wonder how/if ClockWind differs?
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts

I think there are minor differences between the 2, but Clockwind is smaller size (by 2kb, not that big of a difference) and has different settings for speed (ie, fast, really fast, nitro boost compared to 1.0x 1.5x 2.0x)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,125 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eschielke View Post
    Just installed this tweak, cranked it up and WOW! My iPhone 4 is blazing fast! Going to test over the next few days and see how it effects battery life. So far I definatly recommend this tweak!
    I'll be interested to hear your results.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

I haven't seen any *major* battery draw. I keep it on 'normal-ish'. I will crank it up a notch and report back in a few days.
    Superjudge likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

As of yet no notable change is power consumption.
    Superjudge likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

I put it on "nitro boost" and I do see increased battery consumption although it's not horrible. Turning it up to "amazingly speedy" to see what happens. Honestly though, this app isn't clocking up the processor, only speeding up animations it seems. I still have as much delay for rendering webpages and loading apps.

Am I incorrect on this?
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts

I have it on amazingly speedy and my battery's the same as it always was. I have wifi on most of the day with 2G. Heavy message user and Facebook user as well. ISX feeds are active as well.

Attachment 17645

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts

I was helping a friend test a new tweak and I had to reset my iPhone, but this tweak is no longer found in BigBoss repo??? Are there any alternative repos that would have this??

EDIT: nvm found another repo.
    Last edited by Sharma15; 07-31-2012 at 10:44 AM.