Swipe a notification to open another app?

tjrtjrtjr

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I hope I can explain what I'm looking for.

With the new Twitter update, I'm excited about notifications for individual users' tweets. I want to be able to still use my favorite client Tweetbot, though. Ideally, I'd have the best of both combined into a single app. The workaround that I would like is to have no notifications from Tweetbot, have notifications from Twitter, and then be able to "swipe to open" on those notifications but open the Tweetbot app instead.

This makes me think of Activator actions but in the menu it says nothing about opening a notification as an action that is configurable, from what I can tell.

Any thoughts or known tweaks out there?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Try Boxcar. It's a free app in the App Store. It may do what you're looking for.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

tjrtjrtjr

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...thanks for the input. I had forgotten about Boxcar, I now remember how useful it was back before apps stepped things up and notifications were much less prevalent.

It doesn't say explicitly that Boxcar allows for notifications for individual users' tweets (and this is something that was touted as a new feature, so I'm not sure it's been possible before).

Also, I don't necessarily want to add another app. Plus, the psychological bridge from the Twitter logo to the Tweetbot app is much easier to cross than that Boxcar "B."

I guess there's hope if an app can use some piece of the OS to open another app. Anyone else have any thoughts?