Home Button repalcement & affect on JB & Unlock

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
My Home Button on iPhone 4 needs replacement. Will that affect my JB & Unlock, as the Battery will have to be removed ? :confused:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My Home Button on iPhone 4 needs replacement. Will that affect my JB & Unlock, as the Battery will have to be removed ? :confused:

If you are planning on doing this yourself I would like to STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you reconsider...
You will have to go through THE ENTIRE PHONE just to replace the home button...
If your sending it in to apple, you absolutely need to restore to stock before sending it in... And of course you will lose jailbreak...
If you are sending it to an "expert" outside of apple repair then you don't have to restore and you won't lose your jailbreak... The replacement procedure will not affect your jailbreak.
How do you know your home button is broken?? It NEVER works, or sometimes it doesn't?

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
If you are planning on doing this yourself I would like to STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you reconsider...
You will have to go through THE ENTIRE PHONE just to replace the home button...
If your sending it in to apple, you absolutely need to restore to stock before sending it in... And of course you will lose jailbreak...
If you are sending it to an "expert" outside of apple repair then you don't have to restore and you won't lose your jailbreak... The replacement procedure will not affect your jailbreak.
How do you know your home button is broken?? It NEVER works, or sometimes it doesn't?

Sorry, for not being specific. Sending it to an expert outside of Apple.
The Home Button sometimes doesn't work, single and double clicks always don't have the desired result.Tried inserting the 30 pin connector & moving it around but with mixed results.Don't want to try the folded paper packing/insert at the rear side either. Currently relying on Assistive Touch.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well it won't affect anything in your phone, but it's ridiculously hard to do, IMHO. To get to the home button yo need to go through the ENTIRE PHONE!! And even then the button is NOTHING... So a new one might not have the desired result

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Well it won't affect anything in your phone, but it's ridiculously hard to do, IMHO. To get to the home button yo need to go through the ENTIRE PHONE!! And even then the button is NOTHING... So a new one might not have the desired result

Thanks, Got it done. The independent repair guy replaced the full assembly.The silver button,small black cable & the connector. The button is extremely responsive now,hope it stays that way :)
Meanwhile i'm also using Assistive Touch, paid an equivalent of 40 bucks in my part of the world :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro