Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Cant on back my iphone 3gs after jailbreak

Dear all,

Im Danny, from Malaysia. I jailbrake my iphone 3gs 5.1.1. The jailbreak was did by my friends 3 weeks ago and he warn me that i must make sure that my iphone must be always on. otherwise, i need to bring the phone to him to on back. My iphone was accidentally off yesterday and i cant on it back. What should i do now? i couldnt contact my friend now. how do i on back my phone? pls advise.
    iPhone Intermediate

266 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Well obviously you have a tethered jailbreak. Donwload the latest RedSn0w tool on the "DevTeam" official website, and use the function "Just Boot Tethered".

After which, try to (re)install Rocky Raccoon 5.1.1 and Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 with Cydia (they might, or might not, already be in your packages), then reinstall Mobile Substrate (which WILL already be in your packages), and then turn the phone completely off to see if you can turn it back on the normal way. If you can, and Cydia's still there and everything, you will now have a Untethered jb. If not, then you might need to go on tethered, and always have to use Redsn0w to reboot your phone. Or try again to get untethered, but it probably won't work better the second or hundredth time than the first time. S'not hard to do, you can't possibly mess this. Get some litterature on Internet nevertheless as to how to use the RedSn0w tool correctly. iJailbreak, iPhoneclarified, and many other hosts are offering tutorials. Even on the cydia app you'll find a link to Jailbreak Q&A I think...