Octopus keyboard review

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, this tweak has been out for a couple days now and I love it. It makes typing alot easier and that's important on your iDevice. It still needs some work, such as ability to use auto correct but the keyboard actually makes you type more accuratly. If anyone is already using this or used a beta version or if you're considering purchasing this tweak then please post here with any comments or questions.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
good idea. i have been pondering the thought of jailbreaking again just for this but i find it difficult that it is at optimum performance at this point

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have really enjoyed this tweak and in its first iteration, it works extremely well!

I think I have adapted very quickly to the new style, but I cant say it significantly increases my speed. With a few of the quirks ironed out I think I'll be able to retract my statement though!

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I like it but it takes a learning curve. Not sure if I will keep using it but I'll try it for a few days and see if it makes more sense.

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
i re-jailbroke just for this app and right now i'm very frustrated because it doesn't work at all. when i installed it yesterday it worked for maybe 5 minutes and no matter how many times i respring or reinstall it the keyboard does not work when i swipe the words. has anyone else had this issue?

i did put a 3M privacy screen on the phone yesterday but it still worked after i did that at first. i dunno....thoughts??? i'm touching the words and swiping up but all i get is the first letter of the word itself.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If you turned auto correct on then the keyboard will not work. Turn it off and restart/respring the phone

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
i actually never have auto-correct on but i did uninstall it and reinstall it and so far its ok, but as i noticed yesterday it definitely drags down the CPU or something because it's very slow to respond and don't even think about typing fast because the phone can't keep up. i've noticed some increased battery drain too since i rejailbroke and all i have is SBSettings and Octopus....

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i noticed yesterday it definitely drags down the CPU or something because it's very slow to respond and don't even think about typing fast because the phone can't keep up. i've noticed some increased battery drain too since i rejailbroke and all i have is SBSettings and Octopus....

this is exactly what i am talking about, not only with this tweak but any others that compromise the "feel" of the OS

so people are now paying $5 to become beta testers. got it :rolleyes:

jacobtf

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any real slowdown - apart from me having to adapt to the system. Battery drain didn't seem like a factor either and I have over 30 jailbreak apps/tweaks installed. Phone is iPhone 4.

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
this is exactly what i am talking about, not only with this tweak but any others that compromise the "feel" of the OS

so people are now paying $5 to become beta testers. got it :rolleyes:

well, i agree in some ways, and it's a known risk that many cydia apps bog down the system but i still say that this is the worst stock keyboard and worst auto-correct algorithm i've ever had on any of my phones. apple really needs to get on the ball here.

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I am really impressed with this tweak actually! Maybe its because I have a 4S, but there is virtually no slowdown for me. Almost beating the learning curve now.

As far as looking pretty goes though, it fails.

I would give the functionality a 7/10 (which I only expect to improve) and I would give it a 2/10 for feeling like it belongs with the OS (not sure if that is possible to improve.. Maybe somebody should make a BB10-esque ColorKeyboard with thicker gaps :D )

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
tyler, i definitely wouldn't expect you to see any lag with a dual core processor. maybe the issue is me. i'm planning on restoring my phone saturday and re-jailbreaking due to other constant issues i have with the stock OS. maybe that will resolve my problem.

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope that helps you :) Even with the setbacks on older devices, at least I feel like this developer will continue to add support and my money was worth it.

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
oh yeah he definitely has a great product and he's worked very hard on it and i seriously am not trying to knock him. it's just frustrating is all.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2